Damn 3 gunners!

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok it seems as thought my AR build has started to snowball and things are coming together BUT it seems to be leaning toward being 3 gun friendly <_< now I have my pistol and soon will have an AR completed well let's say the barrel will be the last thing but if all goes well June I'll have a pile of parts to put together.

Now reading about all the fun you fella's are having with the 3 gun I got to thinking (normally cost me money) and after several hours of digging around it seems that the CZ-712 Utility would fit my little budget not to mention I have read many good things about them, truth my eyes hurt!

Finally to the question, with all my looking and digging the best price I could find on the CZ was $432 then I'd have to pay the FFL for the transfer, anyone with good searching abilities know of a place I can pick one of these shotguns up for a little less? I can't help it I don't like to spend money! is there a place in town that carries these so I can give one a good once over prior to dumping cash on one? Between the group buys here and reading I've knocked a hell of a hole in my bank account since I became a member on this site :blink: Later,

Kirk

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I can't think of anybody who for sure has one in stock, but I know that outdoor america and H&H are both CZ dealers

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have never actually heard of anyone using this CZ at a match. I'd save your $ for another 4-6 months and get a used M1. You are welcome to help me try to wear my M1 out in the mean time.

[email protected]

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok it seems as thought my AR build has started to snowball and things are coming together BUT it seems to be leaning toward being 3 gun friendly <_< now I have my pistol and soon will have an AR completed well let's say the barrel will be the last thing but if all goes well June I'll have a pile of parts to put together.

Now reading about all the fun you fella's are having with the 3 gun I got to thinking (normally cost me money) and after several hours of digging around it seems that the CZ-712 Utility would fit my little budget not to mention I have read many good things about them, truth my eyes hurt!

Finally to the question, with all my looking and digging the best price I could find on the CZ was $432 then I'd have to pay the FFL for the transfer, anyone with good searching abilities know of a place I can pick one of these shotguns up for a little less? I can't help it I don't like to spend money! is there a place in town that carries these so I can give one a good once over prior to dumping cash on one? Between the group buys here and reading I've knocked a hell of a hole in my bank account since I became a member on this site :blink: Later,

Kirk

Big Boys in Wheatland/Mustang has the CZ712 in stock. I think the price was around $420.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I have never actually heard of anyone using this CZ at a match. I'd save your $ for another 4-6 months and get a used M1. You are welcome to help me try to wear my M1 out in the mean time.

first time for everything! I'd like to see one in action myself.

KSMIRK: That second link I send you said to definitely use a benelli Nova extension tube.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah the first link didn't work?

Jesse, I see it this way, I need a field shotgun as the ones I have now are those ones you just don't take out due to where they came from like got them when Grandpa passed. I don't shoot near the amount of birds I used to and I can see the price of this shotgun to fit my needs and budget for that plus I hear they are real close to the 48AL I'm so used to. If I pick one up as I have yet to hold one in my hands I am thinking about trying out this 3-gun when I get my AR completed and with all the talk about the CZ712 being a shotgun to think about what the hell, if it falls on it's face in 3-gun then I have a field gun ;) if it works out awesome then I can see some folks being able to get into 3-gun with budgets like mine.

If I like the shotgun and can find one I'll pick one up and we can find a day (not a match) where a few of us can meet up and give it a trial run as I'll need someone with good knees plus someone that has some sort of clue as to what they are doing as well I'm a total noob and I have a couple months before I can really give the knee hell. I'm going to do a little running around town today granted I've not got the ok from the Doc to drive yet so if you see a big black chevy crew cab coming you might want to scoot over a lane :blink: Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse, those M1's are NICE I'll give you that! but the price tag is well pretty healthy to boot! funny coming from a guy that just spent $1400 building a 7WSM pistol :rolleyes: but I built it and didn't have to drop the change at once. I still recall those weeks if I had $10 left after bills I was in hog heaven and yeah I'm getting along better now I still recall those days, probably the reason I have such a hard time spending money today. I fully realize the M1 IS the 3-gun shotgun I read so much yesterday on 3-gun shotguns and I'd say 85% was saying just get the M1 or some from of Benelli and don't look back I'm that guy that looks outside the box (get's me in trouble A LOT) and ask is there another way to skin this cat?

I'd love to give that M1 a run and I know that is probably the best way to go but I don't even know if I'll like 3-gun :huh: I have seen a couple of folks are going to try the CZ for 3-gun applications but I have no idea on how long that is going to be before we get some word on if they are a viable solution to low budgets, I'm not hell bent on getting one of the CZ's as I have yet to even put hands on one. I have a CZ rifle and when I got it they were reasonable and it has the prettiest wood and is the only factory rifle I have left matter of fact it's the ONLY factory rifle I have! that I've not tore into and fixed to get it to shoot and IF the quality is there I see it COULD be a viable option for a shotgun.

I'll try to find one in town and give it a once over, I know that a mess of folks would like for me to be the one to pick one up so we could give it a run but we'll just have to see how things pan out and I think I have a tad more research to do before I spend money on anything THEN I have to go through the process of talking myself into spending the money which is the hard part :) Later,

Kirk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
M1 or Remington 11-87 police which one is better for the price, and anyone got a m1 for sale??
The 1100 & 11-87 are gas operated guns. The M1 & M2 are inertia driven. Although they are used, you'll mostly find that the gas guns are not ideally suited for this game like the inertia guns are. There's alot more maintainence that goes into using the gas guns on a regular basis. This is the same reason the M4 isn't talked about for 3gun. The inertia driven guns are much more reliable than the gas driven guns.

[email protected]

Well-Known Fanatic
I have looked at the CZ712, Mossberg 930, and the Stoeger as economical options. In the end it came down to where I wanted to go in 3 gun. If it is going to be something I get serious about then I will drop the cash on a pimped out benelli. Right now I'm still just tinkering for fun so I ended up taking one of the Remmy 1100 safe queens out, blowing the dust off and making it work until I decide if 3 gun is really something I want to get serious about.

jtischauser

I am just trying to save you $420. If you can come up to Guthrie one night this week around 5-7 we can shoot the crap out of my M1 & M2.

JoesGlock

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a CZ 712 utility that I am planning to use for 3 gun. I put a Remington 870 extension on it to increase capacity. I had to shorten the the threaded area of the tube to get it to tighten all the way down to the detent. Seems to work fine. Just need to get my butt to a match and try it out!

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I have looked at the CZ712, Mossberg 930, and the Stoeger as economical options. In the end it came down to where I wanted to go in 3 gun. If it is going to be something I get serious about then I will drop the cash on a pimped out benelli. Right now I'm still just tinkering for fun so I ended up taking one of the Remmy 1100 safe queens out, blowing the dust off and making it work until I decide if 3 gun is really something I want to get serious about.

This always is and always will be the correct solution. Try before you buy. People talk about buy once cry once meaning buy the best and never look back, but realistically it isn't possible for most people. It isn't for me. That's why I started with a Mossberg 930 POS then went to a Benelli Nova (awesome starter 3 gun shotgun BTW, don't forget the pumps), and now have a FN SLP MK1 and will eventually get a Benelli M2 with AI's super meal deal. Sure I lost a little money here and there when reselling those used shotguns, but buying a race ready M2 just wasn't in this poor college kids budget, and still isn't right now. I could have used Jesse's shotgun at every match and saved enough to get the M2, but I don't think he would have let me take it to Kansas to pheasant hunt with! yes I use(d) my Benelli Nova and SLP MK1 to hunt with (legally). Pigeon hunts are the best.

If you want to try the FN SLP MK1 just let me know. Its not a bad 3 gun shotgun, and it runs great when clean and fed decent ammo (Federal bulk pack from Wal-Mart, not Winchesters). Shoots a little high for me with birdshot but is dead on at 50 with slugs. Loading isn't as easy than with a Benelli (especially the Nova), but I haven't practiced enough and that will always be my excuse.

later,

Worm

Oh another thing to remember is resale value. Not sure how well a CZ will resale to bump to a better shotgun. It was harder than hell to sell the mossberg 930 pos.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I know I have a mess of soul searching left to do, first on my plate is to get the AR up and running speaking of I need to make some calls and get some goodies headed my way.

As for the pump guns, I can run a pump pretty fast but can you be competitive with a pump? hell it's what I grew up shooting, but can you give a guy running a semi a run for his money? I'm sure I have a couple months before I'd drop any change on a shotgun anyway looking at the list for the AR :blink:

Jesse, I doubt I could make it up there this week but we'll have to see how things pan out as I would like to give your M1 a little trigger time. Later,

Kirk

jtischauser

Holler at me anytime Kirk. I am trying to put 2000 rounds through my benelli in pratice before the Midwest 3 gun next month. So i will be very available for some shooting.

Feegee

The Magic Man
Ok I need a cheap m1!!!! Someone hook me upsince the 11-87 is not a good option. I saw the remi for $870 last night at h&h sure I could find it cheper somewhere else

Feegee

The Magic Man
I just found a m2 tactical with gost ring sights for $1099.00. Should I get it or do u think I could find it cheaper

Latest posts