CMP 1911 Sales

Tom

Active Fanatic
Does anyone know if the CMP 1911 sales that were to start October 2018 are still going on?

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Only thing I'm sure of is they've received more packets than firearms available for this year. So unless you sent in a packet your out of luck for now.

Tom

Active Fanatic
Do you know if they send out a notice or posting on their website stating when they are out of guns for this round of sales?
I sent an entry back in October of 2018 and haven't heard anything other than the statement on their website that states to not send in any more requests.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Very secretive process, you'd think, at the prices they are getting, they'd just "as is" every one of them they can get straight out the door.

JT1911

Fanatic
Does anyone know if the CMP 1911 sales that were to start October 2018 are still going on?
They are no longer taking orders... you can find all related information at this link from the CMP

CMP 1911 Information

I got my application in the very first day or to that they were acepting applications, and still haven't heard back from them due to some technical issues that they are having. If you read all the updates going back to January. They only accepted application packets between 4 September 2018 and NOT AFTER 4 October 2018.

Hope this explains, although it wont help if you wanted one of these initial releases. The higher end 1911's will go to their auction site later this year

~JT

pistolpete

Active Fanatic
They are really dragging it out. I still don't know if I'm on the list or not. We did all the work for them, all they gotta do is enter info since, for some reason, they gotta have 2 back ground checks. No incentive to be efficient.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
A sad part of this story is that these are OUR guns. We paid for them on the first go around. The CMP didn't buy them, they just exist as middlemen, allowing us the privilege of buying them back. I don't know much about it, but my guess is that the CMP folks are well paid, kind of like Blue Sky of years gone by. They should have first offered them to veterans who risked their lives when they were in government hands. Then general public. Circus is probably an understatement.

Centuriator

Well-Known Fanatic
My understanding of the situation is that the CMP is dealing with all the requirements imposed on them by the Feds re. these 1911 imports, which took years to happen in the first place.

1Sgt_Jerry

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm patiently waiting on round two
I've already been told I'm stupid for wanting one, waste of time, money, etc etc.
My only justification is I like 1911's I'm somewhat old, and I've worked hard all my life. So, there's that.

Attachments

• F9A65A53-4AD7-4011-A838-05DF476CAE42.jpeg
    F9A65A53-4AD7-4011-A838-05DF476CAE42.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I'm patiently waiting on round two
I've already been told I'm stupid for wanting one, waste of time, money, etc etc.
My only justification is I like 1911's I'm somewhat old, and I've worked hard all my life. So, there's that.
You just never know what you will get.
My 1918 is a DCM Pistol, would not trade for a new one, it's a real Military 1918 Colt.

It's like the DCM M1 sales. We got 2, an SA & a IH with LMR barrel :) $148.00 each
+ S&H o_O

Yes indeed get your 1911, ya never know what you will get, however it will be a great 1911.

1Sgt_Jerry

Well-Known Fanatic
You just never know what you will get.
My 1918 is a DCM Pistol, would not trade for a new one, it's a real Military 1918 Colt.

It's like the DCM M1 sales. We got 2, an SA & a IH with LMR barrel :) $148.00 each
+ S&H o_O

Yes indeed get your 1911, ya never know what you will get, however it will be a great 1911.
Great point
My only real concern is getting something like a non branded GI replacement slide or such. I'd still be okay with it at the end of the day, but sucks a bit if the cool factor out of it.

brooksharris

Fanatic
I applied on the first go around. The application is tedious, but it has to be to eliminate fraud. After checking and re-checking my application for thoroughness I submitted and received a call from them a few months later. He couldn't have been more pleasant. I got the mid-grade...a Colt frame and slide that would have cost me twice as much at a show; and you receive it in a marvelous armored and lockable carry handle box. Not only do these folks provide us with authentic U.S. weapons from yesteryear, they sponsor our National Matches at Perry. They deserve our thanks!

Latest posts