classifier score affect on overall match

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
If you do good or bad, will the classifier have just as much impact on your overall score as any other stage in the match? If there are no-shoots in a classifier, I like to think big picture and go conservative. If there are not any no-shoots, I may just go for it and see what happens and ends up costing me a mike or delta.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Yes, the entire match is based on stage points. The size of the classifier (# of targets) will determine the impact. Each Scoring shot on any stage is 5 points towards the stage value. So if there are 16 rounds required, the stage is worth 90 points. That 90 points goes to the stage winner & everyone else gets the percentage of points as their score compared to the winner's. If you only shot 50% on the stage compared to the the stage winner, you'd get 45 points for that stage while he gets the whole 90. At the end of the match your stage points are added to calculate your match score.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Wall said:
Yes, the entire match is based on stage points. The size of the classifier (# of targets) will determine the impact. Each Scoring shot on any stage is 5 points towards the stage value. So if there are 16 rounds required, the stage is worth 90 points. That 90 points goes to the stage winner & everyone else gets the percentage of points as their score compared to the winner's. If you only shot 50% on the stage compared to the the stage winner, you'd get 45 points for that stage while he gets the whole 90. At the end of the match your stage points are added to calculate your match score.
Tony is correct, except for his awesome math... :)

Mike S always says, you can never win a match on the classifier, but you can certainly lose it!!

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Tony is correct, except for his awesome math... :)

Mike S always says, you can never win a match on the classifier, but you can certainly lose it!!
Where was my math wrong?
LOL Nvrmnd....80 not 90 points. I was in a hurry [emoji4]

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Classifiers in a match are what keep people from sandbagging. I'm sure we all know a D or C shooter that really should be an A or B.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Tuflehundon (Rob Gee) said:
Classifiers in a match are what keep people from sandbagging. I'm sure we all know a D or C shooter that really should be an A or B.
I'm not sure it keeps people from sandbagging but if they do, it will affect their overall score

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
I regularly see a lot of higher level shooters zero classifiers. once you get to that point seems it pretty much hero or zero if you actually care to try and improve your classification.

R.Pullicar.jr said:
I regularly see a lot of higher level shooters zero classifiers. once you get to that point seems it pretty much hero or zero if you actually care to try and improve your classification.
Its probably that those higher level shooters only got to their higher level by doing exactly what you have witnessed.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
Hey I think I got it now and know a little more about USPSA (why did I not know this before).

I was hoping to make it to B class this year, or I still am, but if I'm not shooting conservatively, I seem to always do something in a classifier to screw it up, fumble a mag change or shoot twice at a target when I was supposed to shoot once. Shooting one classifier a month seems to be taking a long time.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
TroyDB said:
Hey I think I got it now and know a little more about USPSA (why did I not know this before).

I was hoping to make it to B class this year, or I still am, but if I'm not shooting conservatively, I seem to always do something in a classifier to screw it up, fumble a mag change or shoot twice at a target when I was supposed to shoot once. Shooting one classifier a month seems to be taking a long time.
Easiest way to get higher classification is to shoot big matches and finish high enough to get bumped for finishing X% of the match winner. That's how I got all mine. Classifiers are tough unless you're really practicing the gun mechanics in them regularly. Every time I think I burned down a classifier I look up my % and it's lower then my current classification.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Classifiers are about fundamentals. Don't go faster than your ability. And don't start with an empty chamber on String 2, or someone will say "I've never seen anyone game U before."

And you have got to get more matches in to make effective changes to your percentage unless you are practicing a lot.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
m c said:
Its probably that those higher level shooters only got to their higher level by doing exactly what you have witnessed.
that maybe but I've also seen many people zero the classifier and still win the match. Classifiers are stupid. I'd rather burn down a field course than stand and shoot any day of the week.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
R.Pullicar.jr said:
that maybe but I've also seen many people zero the classifier and still win the match. Classifiers are stupid. I'd rather burn down a field course than stand and shoot any day of the week.

Burk Cornelius said:
I wish you were my friend

posted via Tapatalk
c70c8b020bb437fc2226832d8c8118d1.jpg

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
It really comes down to getting as many points as fast as you can. Furthermore, all the shooting stuff is even more important because they're usually really short. Also, penalties will hurt your score so try not to shoot those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
Josh Cobb said:
It really comes down to getting as many points as fast as you can. Furthermore, all the shooting stuff is even more important because they're usually really short. Also, penalties will hurt your score so try not to shoot those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
as stated in chapter one of Josh's book

Latest posts