Classifier question

luke.reninger

Well-Known Fanatic
If I submit 20 classifiers in between periods of running the updates, do the pick the top 6 of 8 by percentage? How do they pick the order when there are so many?

Wondering if shooting another all classifier match this weekend is a good idea when I have a pretty solid run on A class now.

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-faq-details.php

The Revolving Window
It is important to understand what is meant by "the most recent eight valid scores." Because the system is based on using the most recent scores submitted for a member, the scores are sorted by the match date in descending order. For Level I Specials, which result in up to six scores being entered for a given date, the scores are sorted by the course percentage in descending order. This puts the highest score shot on that day at the top and the lowest at the bottom.

As each new score is entered for a member, an older existing score is "bumped out" of the most recent eight scores. An exception to this is when a club submits scores so late that the scores are already older than the most recent eight in the system. Even though these scores are entered into the database, they will not be used for classification purposes because they are no longer within the most recent eight "window."

Sometimes it is difficult to determine what scores were used for a member’s current average. Part of the difficulty lies in the fact that by the time the question is asked, more scores have been added to the database and the list no longer looks the same as when the calculating routine was run. It then becomes necessary to look at the dates the scores were entered into the database. Any score entered after the date upon which a new current average was calculated must be excluded when selecting the most recent eight scores. The averages are not always calculated on the same day each month, but the calculation usually occurs somewhere from the 11th through the 14th of a month. USPSA does not resume entering scores until after the 15th of the month. Knowing this, a member can figure out which scores were in the database when the average was calculated.
In addition to the sorting order, scores are evaluated and flagged to indicate whether they are valid scores.

luke.reninger

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks Spencer.

Looks like I shoot myself in the foot if I don't do well at Duke.

Oh well. Just keeps me motivated to train if It keeps me in B class.

mikey80

Negative Approach
Hey Spencer, you got that off of the USPSA webpage under frequently asked questions, right??

It's AMAZING a what you can find out about USPSA Classifiers on the USPSA website!!

#mindblown