Catastrophic Failure

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah it is cool, I think I've admitted this here but my two favorite platforms are 1911's and Glocks, not to many years back I bought probably too many Glock 22's and 35's, LE trade ins, 22's around 300, 35's little more, I'd do the same, convert to 9mm, as I mentioned above with the swapping around accidentally put a 9 in a 40 barrel, had swapped it back to 40 and forgot ‍♂️Had to punch swollen brass out but great way to have 2 calibers in one

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
I have no idea why this happens, I put the emoji in with hand to the face, the oh good grief look at what I did and it gets swapped for that circle with arrow, no idea, has done it before

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
the circle with the arrow is the symbol for a male..
the symbol for female is a circle with a line extending down (like a lollypop,)
and another line crossing the it.. another description would be a cross with a circle on top..

I too was shooting 2 1911's @ my indoor range, my Delta w/ a 40 S&W barrel fitted to it and one of my 9mm 1911's.
loaded a few mags & you guessed it,.. I loaded one of the 9mm mags in the 40S&W..
it fired, & ejected, didn't jam, but the 9mm case was swollen to about 40 cal..:rolleyes:

Put the case on the shelf beside my loading bench, as a reminder.
I have a "few" errors setting there for reminders.

Last edited:

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Thank goodness for both of us loading a 9 in a 40 just results in swollen case, thx for explaining the circle thing, just strange that pops up

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
the circle with the arrow is the symbol for a male..
the symbol for female is a circle with a line extending down (like a lollypop,)
and another line crossing the it.. another description would be a cross with a circle on top..

I too was shooting 2 1911's @ my indoor range, my Delta w/ a 40 S&W barrel fitted to it and one of my 9mm 1911's.
loaded a few mags & you guessed it,.. I loaded one of the 9mm mags in the 40S&W..
it fired, & ejected, didn't jam, but the 9mm case was swollen to about 40 cal..:rolleyes:

Put the case on the shelf beside my loading bench, as a reminder.
I have a "few" errors setting there for reminders.
Glad there was a safe outcome.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Unfortunately no, we've been real busy at work and haven't had time to go by PSA, if schedule doesn't work out soon will probably just call customer service in Columbia and send it to them

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
Unfortunately no, we've been real busy at work and haven't had time to go by PSA, if schedule doesn't work out soon will probably just call customer service in Columbia and send it to them
Yep!
Understand the problems. Just can't seem to find the answers. If you know what I mean.

1649258982410.gif

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
MM:
Any updates? Have you heard from anyone?

Did you get any replacements from anyone?

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
I've had lots of folks look at this thing, I was shooting reloads and it looks like the wall of the case is noticeably thinner on one side, how that happens I don't know but warranty is void if shooting reloads so if I tell the truth which I would it's not under warranty so I've done nothing with it, thought about taking it up there anyway but haven't, just gonna chalk this one up to a bad experience and move on I guess, not planning on owning another pistol AR anyway, further back my face is the better, left ear still ringing like a church bell

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
sounds like what i would do..though I haven't understood the attraction for , or interest in an AR pistols.
I do know they are very popular. I have a Contender ( short barrel, rifle caliber, single shot pistol ) bought from a friend that needed $,
only bought it because he didn't have anyone else to sell it to.....in 32-20 cal.
I think I shot it once, maybe twice...in 30+ yrs.
Awkward as a pistol, awkward as a rifle..I think the same about an AR pistol, regardless of caliber.
I could be wrong..I have been once or twice before.. :eek:

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
same here, thought I was wrong once but turned out I was rightbut I'm with you on the pistol thing, I got it because they seemed to be the new hotness, probably wouldn't have even started shooting it at matches but last summer had as close to a heat stroke as you can get, before I got to hot shot best 2 gun match of my life using my BCM rifle, next match after getting too hot withdrew 2nd stage, shaking so bad it was just miserable, figured might could control the pistol better, been a year anyway so gave it a chance but we know how that turned out, one shot and done. I do like AR's, might try another 2 gun this fall, matches are slow so not till cools off, absolutely miserable today at IDPA match

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Curious, where are you ? Here in S.E. Mi. we've been having temps in high 80's & 90's lately, but dew points up to 70, along with high humidity..
just miserable to try & do anything. I've been doing a lot of housework / clean up while enjoying & appreciating my central a/c..
Might even do some reloading..

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
I am about 15 miles south of Greenville SC and it is miserable, only reason I shot today is this range in Anderson has lots of shade trees around the bays, still miserable though, I'm not shooting any matches at my home range till October, our matches there 3rd Saturday of the month, we are totally exposed, we have sheds but bays are deep so stages set towards the back, lots of walking pasting, last match took 5 hours, heat index around 102-103, we have a great match director but in the summer things should be simple, easy to setup, easy to tear down, match should take 3 hrs +/-, had bottlenecks that caused 2 hours of waiting, I can deal with that when it's 70. Inside activities definitely, I work with an asphalt contractor so I get enough heat through the week, semi retired but 30 hours or so enough for me

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Just for grins, I checked Greenville SC on my weatherbug.. says current temp was 80 .. & here it's 90 ..."feels like 97 "
this @ almost 6pm..(should be cooling off ) I thought it was always hotter in the south..than here, anyway. Guess not.
It must be tough doing asphalt work in the summer..I worked doing a roof ( tear off / install) in the summer a few times.
Pretty sure I lost weight those days, as well as getting sunburned.. tough way to make a living.

my club set up about 4 new "action pistol" ranges the past year, too hot for me to be out there..
though I have stopped to watch for a few min., that was long enough for me.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
We just had thunderstorms roll through that cooled it off, actually 78 here now, next week a little break, mid to upper 80's with thunderstorms, humidity gonna be up there, last week low to mid 90's and heat index over 100 every day, as luck would have it came down with strep throat a week ago today but had to work full week because my two guys I trained to do what I do accidentally planned vacation for last week, house and dog sitting for my oldest son so strange sleeping quarters, sick as a dog, hot as blazes, rough week! Anyway I said when I was in high school after helping a friend build fences would never build fences, do roof or asphalt work, never say never, built fences for 10 or so years, asphalt for 25 but anything outdoors is not fun in the summer!

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Agreed, shade sure helps and something cold don't hurt either!

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Curious, where are you ? Here in S.E. Mi. we've been having temps in high 80's & 90's lately, but dew points up to 70, along with high humidity..
just miserable to try & do anything. I've been doing a lot of housework / clean up while enjoying & appreciating my central a/c..
Might even do some reloading..
Weather is the same in the West Michigan. Hot and humid. It drains you quickly.