Carry Gun Match November 20, 2011 Heartland Outdoors

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
don't tempt me, I do have an old jacket with a broken zipper :) But...since I will most likely have to engage targets more than 6 feet away, I think I'll just carry it in the jacket pocket and shoot it freestyle. Thanks David, we'll try not to shoot ourselves, we should probably restrict it to double action snubby only to add a little safety factor in there. You'd have to be trying really hard to put almost 15 pounds of pressure on the trigger to accidentally shoot yourself while drawing from a pocket. Not so much on my Kahr PM9 or 380. Now if we have a stage where we have 5 rounds from 6 feet or less at one position and someone needs a fun youtube video, I'll bring my old jacket.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
this should be interesting, not quite sure how I'll practice that but it will be fun if nothing else.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
I keep a couple of clean dirty t shirts and some duct tape in the pickup.... and a fire extinguisher. First aid skills are up to snuff....

Never shoot through a duck or goose down garment... those feathers go everyplace

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
No goose down, just fleece, flame retardant I hope. Or maybe you have to be a retardant to try shooting thru it. I've been practicing dry fire and don't see a problem. I'm curious if the first round muzzle blast will make a big enough hole so my laser will help me aim the last four

sigforme

Well-Known Fanatic
Let me get this straight! Gun in holster, gun in coat pocket, draw gun in coat pocket, leave gun in coat pocket, shoot 5 or 6 rounds through coat at a target very close, PUT OUT FIRE?

This could be very intresting. I think I will watch........

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I've actually shot thru pockets before. It's nothing to worry about, altho I did learn a few things worth knowing about shooting thru a pocket.....I bet you will, too!

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
To clarify, Stage 5 will NOT require you to shoot from a coat pocket, but it will be allowed.

However, if your gun jams in the pocket, like real life, it's over.

Start position for everyone else will be gun holstered, hands at sides.

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
I may be in trouble.
Shot my new M&P .40 yesterday and love it.
Got a free lesson from troy. Hope i will remember and apply it.
I have 2 mag's but dont have any mag pouches.
How do reloads work in this match and what type of reload is it. Just drop your mag or retain?
Please advise as i would like to shoot this match.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I may be in trouble.
How do reloads work in this match and what type of reload is it. Just drop your mag or retain?

1st, you can get by without mag pouches if you have to. You can use your pockets. OR maybe you can sweet talk David into making you some before the match (?)

2nd Since your gun holds 15 you can make it through a stage with two mags. They are only 18 rounds per stage. If we have a stage with two mandatory reloads, we can borrow one from one of the Heartland range guns.

3rd, just drop your mags on the floor and reload

4th, Show up!

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
1st, you can get by without mag pouches if you have to. You can use your pockets. OR maybe you can sweet talk David into making you some before the match (?)

2nd Since your gun holds 15 you can make it through a stage with two mags. They are only 18 rounds per stage. If we have a stage with two mandatory reloads, we can borrow one from one of the Heartland range guns.

3rd, just drop your mags on the floor and reload

4th, Show up!

5th let several shooters go first so i can figure out what the h*#@ i'm doing! lol

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
I may be in trouble.

i have mag pouches you can borrow, (i have a m&p .40 also) also 2 mags will work fine... just show up... text me before the match if you need the mag pouches 4055130893

Latest posts