Carry Gun Match June 19

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Carry Gun Match

June 19th

Heartland Outdoors
Edmond, OK
When: 1st and 3rd Sunday Night of each month.
Signup: Starts 5:30

Match Type: Handgun, Tactical Action. Emphasis on Carryguns and holsters. IPSC rules with TIME PLUS scoring.
Stages: Four (typically)
Round Count: 50 â€" 72 rds required.

Equipment: Practical guns .380 or larger, carried in practical gear. Holster (required) must cover triggerguard. Two spare magazines or 2 speedloaders will get you thru any stage. No shoulder or pocket holsters or cross-draw rigs. No Race guns or gear.

Rules: Basically, IPSC rules with TIME PLUS scoring.

Divisions:

Low Cap: = 10 rd mags or less. (you may load magazines down for this division)
High Cap: = 11 rd mags or more (load 'em up!)
Revolver: = any revolver, barrel length 2.26" or longer, any capacity.
PDLL: = Ported (like the Glock "C" models) Dot (like the Optima red dot) Lasers and gun-mounted Lights. If your 5-shot J-frame has a laser, it'll compete in this division.
SubCompact: Semi-autos with barrels 3.5" or shorter.
Snubby: 5-6 shot with 2.25" or shorter barrels.
OTHER: IPSC Limited/Production Gun/gear shoot in this Division (equipment placement rules like Production/Single Stack)

Prizes: YES! $50 Heartland Outdoor Gift certificates!
Awarded randomly! Must be present to win.

Limited to first 40 shooters!

Cost: $20

(active military and full-time Law Enforcement ½ price)

View attachment 910

Attachments

• Carry Gun Match Guidelines REV.jpg
    Carry Gun Match Guidelines REV.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 19

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Good deal on more new shooters! Maybe we should have a contest......

Stages will be similar to last time, but the accuracy requirement will be increased a little bit. Just sayin'

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Good deal on more new shooters! Maybe we should have a contest......

Stages will be similar to last time, but the accuracy requirement will be increased a little bit. Just sayin'
don't have one now!! i already invited the only 2 friends i got to the match, i have no one left!!

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
Nah let him use them. I could afford the bennifit of him getting a whole bunch of no shoots

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Actually, we figured out a way to score the shotshells. The PD-X loads have 3 discs and shot. Only the disc hits count for "c" zone or better, but ANY birdshot hit on a no-shoot will count. Plus, he'll be the last shooter each time, targets replaced between squads.

Otherwise, it would add a whole new facet to the name, "Tape-More."

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Actually, we figured out a way to score the shotshells. The PD-X loads have 3 discs and shot. Only the disc hits count for "c" zone or better, but ANY birdshot hit on a no-shoot will count. Plus, he'll be the last shooter each time, targets replaced between squads.

Otherwise, it would add a whole new facet to the name, "Tape-More."
David this is one of the reasons this match is awesome... it is so nice, instead of telling everyone what they can't shoot, you figure out ways to let everyone shoot what they want!!! big props to you, this is why EVERYTIME someone says "i am interested in getting into shooting", i reply with "you must start out with the heartland match it is the most beginner friendly and there aren't 200 rules to follow"... once again awesome job you are doing...

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I need to go get a pattern for my gun, but the PDX looks like it might get me on any no shoot stages. 10'' at 7 feet.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
Taymoor, if the targets are close enough you might get two for the price of one shot!

The way these things spread, I don't doubt it. I might use something without any bird shot so I can more easily avoid no shoots. Or else I'll bring some regular 45LC just incase a precision shot comes up.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
DRT scoring is for guns that shoot five projectiles before reloading. YOUR gun shoots what, 272 projectiles ?

Really? From your own lips regarding the December 19, 2010 carry match:

DRT Scoring defined:

"DRT" stands for "Dead Right There." This is a mechanism to allow the 5-shot snubbies to keep up with the rest of us.

My gun will shoot 5 times per reload, regardless of the number of projectiles that comes out. You're breakin my balls David :)

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Fine, you can do DRT scoring, but that may require two shots (two trigger pulls) on some targets.

Which is why you'll go last!