Carry Gun Match June 19

LStevens

Well-Known Fanatic
I was last! But still had a great time. This was my second Heartland match ad like the first a fun and learning experience. Thanks to Burk for letting me use his loading strips. I would hate to see my time if I had to load the revolver one at a time! Good putting faces to names and learning about people. Taymoor, Being the of ethnic origins was quick to let me know all people of my ethnic heritage look alike. :D I guess we are all good looking! Looking forward to the next match.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I'm trying to find the story, but having no luck. But a long time ago I heard from a very reputable news program (SNL weekend update) that a Chinese man was finally caught using counterfeit money that he printed with a picture of himself. It took him months to be caught, proving that even asians think all asians look alike.

But on another note, KUDOS to our Stillwater crew. Terrell and his lucky winner wife, bonobo, Dux-r-us. A total of five residents of Stilly that I know of , maybe more.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
all i have to say is watching Taymoor shoot the pepper poppers with the judge was worth the price of admission!! i mean those things went flying!! it was awesome....

Feegee

The Magic Man
How do we know who won the prizes.. And also it was a awesom match and everyone was really helpful I will try to add this match every month if I can it was a great time. Thank you everyone

taymoor

Skilled Lover
How do we know who won the prizes.. And also it was a awesom match and everyone was really helpful I will try to add this match every month if I can it was a great time. Thank you everyone

The competitors are lined up and numbered from least total time to most total time. Numbers are randomly drawn, and whoever is in the drawn slot wins that certificate.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
what is the name of the owner of heartland?? todd?? i want to call and tell him to let us still keep the matches on sunday!! i know that some people won't be able to make it on monday!!!

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Is he wanting to cut Sunday matches? Mondays and I'm out. I work a night shift on Mondays.
yeah he is wanting to move the matches to monday... i know alot of people would be out.... once i get the info i will post who to call......

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I was last! But still had a great time. This was my second Heartland match ad like the first a fun and learning experience. Thanks to Burk for letting me use his loading strips. I would hate to see my time if I had to load the revolver one at a time! Good putting faces to names and learning about people. Taymoor, Being the of ethnic origins was quick to let me know all people of my ethnic heritage look alike. :D I guess we are all good looking! Looking forward to the next match.

Leo, go get you some speed loaders and practice with them a little and it will make a big difference. I like to carry the strips because they lay flat (like Michael Jordan's t-shirts). I really should be using them at the match because you should always practice with what you carry.
huh.gif

Those snubbies are fun to shoot aren't they?

taymoor

Skilled Lover
Just out of curiosity, did anybody ever get the discs from the .410 pdx out of the platic target?

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Hold on, guys. I don't know when or even if HO will change their hours, so don't be deluging them with calls. They have not made a final decision.

What would be a good idea is to let them/Todd know how much you enjoy the Sunday matches, that it's because of these matches you discovered HO and/or has turned you into a one of their customers.

I know some of you frequent HO quite a bit, but THEY don't know it's because of the matches.

I've asked everyone to call Todd in the past to convey your gratitude for allowing us to put on matches there. How many of you called? Honestly?

If a business thinks they can make more money doing one thing instead of another, why shouldn't they do that? The only answer I come up with is perhaps they're not aware of the money they're actually making doing the first thing. Ok, so if they're not aware, whose fault is it?

Since it would be nearly impossible for them to track each shooters' purchases over the past year, I submit that the fault lies with us. If you go buy from another retailer where service ranges from bad to insulting, but you can save $5 over HO, what are you thinking?

Next time you stop by HO (on a non-match night) tell them how much you appreciate their selection, friendly, knowledgeable staff AND for allowing the matches.

HO needs to understand how these matches impact their bottom line overall, not just on match nights. (which, in the big picture, is negligible)

Let's do that first.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I have told them on multiple (non match) occasions how much I appreciate the matches and thanked them for having them. Most of the time it was the 40-50-ish guy with gray hair. I don't know who he is but he seems to be charge when he is there.

I buy from them when I get the chance and when they have what I need.

When I redeemed my certificate, I spent more than the $50

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
It was a good match guys. Thanks for making my wife feel welcome, I know she appreciated it. Now it's time to head back to the range and figure out where all of those M and D suddenly appeared from