Carry Gun Match - Heartland Outdoors 6-3-12

What gun Should David E shoot at the Carry Gun match?

• SigSauer .380

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • 6" S&W Model 29 (.44 magnum)

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Glock Model 20 (10mm)

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • 5" S&W Model 25-5 (.45 Colt)

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Other (one that David has)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (one that you have)

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

sigforme

Well-Known Fanatic
Count me in.
Need to get all the shooting in I can before the 18th as this old fart has to have a Tonsillectomy that day. I should have had it done 60 years ago!

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Sorry, but it looks like the online registration won't be happening this month. I know how much everyone likes the online registration :)

As usual, just show up with your money and we will take it

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
So....who is shooting this match with the same gun and concealment method you would use on a trip to Walmart on a hot summer day?

Feegee

The Magic Man
So you want me to wear my daisy dukes, tank top, and my cr speed belt, race gun, and drive my race car up there? It would be just like a trip to Wally World.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
No, but Benjamin might get excited if you do. I was thinking more like an untucked t shirt with a small revolver or semi auto in an iwb. I mean after all, this is supposedly a carry gun match.

Feegee

The Magic Man
Hmmm I do have a 44 Bulldog. Can I hold it sideways and shoot it gangster style???
But really.... it only holds 5 rounds how would that work when shooting a match? And do you know of any speed loaders that would work? Or just load from pocket?

Sent from (NULL) Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
Hmmm I do have a 44 Bulldog. Can I hold it sideways and shoot it gangster style???
But really.... it only holds 5 rounds how would that work when shooting a match? And do you know of any speed loaders that would work? Or just load from pocket?

How would you do it if you carried it? If you shoot 5 and they're still alive?

Feegee

The Magic Man
I would do nothing I do not carry any extra ammo with me.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
we have had numerous people load from pocket and it an array of targets took 6 shots you would only shoot 5.. meaning if there were 3 paper targets that you had to hit twice, you would have 2 targets with 2 shots and 1 target with 1 shot...

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
I'd suggest that David allow any 5 shot to compete in snub division, regardless of barrel length. If it worked for Son of Sam, it ought to work for Feegee. DRT scoring saves you a few shots, if you make the hit count.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Love these last few posts. If there is a cat for snub, then how about without speedloaders or make it the theme. With the theme you could make the S/A load into the mag while on the clock hahahahahahaha. That might even the odds a bit on a short stage LMFAO.

Really though there has been some good themes and this might be one as well - of course for those who want to / need to. It will get those that "need" to out with their belly guns as well.

I got beat up, beat down, and kicked while on the ground when I mentioned carry gun match. Don't care - always been a red hearded step child :)

dennishoddy

I can't make this one, but voted on the S&W 25-5 in .45 Colt.
If I were coming, I'd bring my same model with the 7 1/2" barrel. :D

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I believe I previously declared all 5-shot guns with a 3" barrel or less eligible for snubby division.

I'm not going to add another category for loose round reloading, but you guys can agree to do it amongst yourselves.

I'm waiting until Saturday night for the poll results, so make sure you get your vote in!!

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
I say instead of setting David up for failure we let him shoot a SP101 in 32H&R Mag w/speedloaders. Now that is a gamers gun:)

Latest posts