Carry Gun Match - Heartland Outdoors 4-1-12

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Now that's an idea. A bug gun used as a bug gun.

I'd be willing to run my "primary" gun in a mix with my backup... lump all the 380s and snubby guns into the mousegun category...

Five shots at the last two targets ... representing a "fall back" to the poodle shooter.......call it DRT for the little guns...

yup, exactly what i was thinking!!

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Leave the mouse gun parked on a chair near its targets... Of course the primary has been shot to slide lock

Easy safe transition... No ankle or pocket holster issues and having at least one gun empty should speed up the make clear
But I suppose we would need cases or gun rugs for the little guns?

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
If you want to shoot your micro .40 against .380's and .32's, you are more than welcome to do so!

Benjamin and I were talking about doing another "battlefield pickup" stage, but we're thinking about a 9mm or .38. I will give it some more thought.

As far as the Mousegun Shootout, 3 mags total would get you thru any stage.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Start with the fart er mouse gun with 5 rounds (all can do this) make it 2 targets 2 hits each with one round for a make up and the gun has to be shot dry. Position the pistol to one side of the lane orientated at an angle down range (in whatever condition you want the gun in) then have the shooter move at an angle fwd away from the first gun.

Or

Three targets and it has to be 1 to the head box or two to the body, shooters choice.

Or

Five targets one to the head box.

Morale is to shoot the gun dry and place the pistol away from and orientated from the shooters line of movement.

You could also start with the pri down loaded and do the same. I always had the mag dropped and slide locked back. Many don't like that but it helps with folks who don't know how to count. Revos had the slide open.

Or start down range and move back. This keeps the first gun in front of you and is faster to clear.

Need to ensure what ever pistol is shot first is not allowed to be handled until everyone is up range.

You could stay static upon transiting and have the first pistol placed where ever the drop pistol is picked up from of course orintated away from and down range of the shooter.

Sounds like fun.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Guys, we've gone from a simple idea of adding a Mousegun Division, to a challenge issued to all the snubby shooters to a battlefield pickup, to a battle field pickup with a Mousegun.

I will take the appreciated suggestions offered under advisement since i alteady have stages in mind for the 15th, this next match will not involve a battlefield pickup. Altho the challenge to the snubby shooters still stands.

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
I think IDPA runs a BUG stage or two within some matches. The gun has to meet the criteria, and the stage is 6 or less rounds. The bug part is scored separate from the normal match.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
Would you be shooting that colt mustang? I'll be shooting snubby next match and will be willing to give it a go.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
No, sold the Mustang, along with the spare mags.

I have a Sig 238, but only two mags. I sent a defective one back to Sig for a swap, so I hope it gets here in time.

If it does not and IF you show up with a snub, I'll shoot one, too, but I'd prefer the 238

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
Ok, I'll be curious to see what you think of the 238. I've been thinking about 1 now and then.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
Ok, I'll be curious to see what you think of the 238. I've been thinking about 1 now and then.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Id like to shoot my 38 but I need some lighter loads...Im not shooting a full match on +p's

Matt.... the Winchester white box (Wally world) is 130 grain FMJ... it's a lot softer load... and to tell you the truth I run 158 grain semi wadcutter lead out of my short 38's for self defense (but I am a fossil)..Makes a nice hole... tends to flatten and expand when it hits bone.

That 130 grain will hit close to the sights and works pretty good at the stuff we do at Heartland...Remington offers a similar load.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Guys, we've gone from a simple idea of adding a Mousegun Division, to a challenge issued to all the snubby shooters to a battlefield pickup, to a battle field pickup with a Mousegun.

I will take the appreciated suggestions offered under advisement since i alteady have stages in mind for the 15th, this next match will not involve a battlefield pickup. Altho the challenge to the snubby shooters still stands.

Just thinkin out loud... but that's what I do....lol

Latest posts