Carry Gun Match
April 1, 2012
at Heartland Outdoors

When: April 1, 2012
Where: Heartland Outdoors
1444 North Kelly Avenue
Edmond, OK
Signup: Starts 5:30pm Shoot at 6:00pm

Match Type: Handgun, Tactical Action. Emphasis on Carryguns and holsters. IPSC rules with TIME PLUS scoring.
Stages: Four (typically)
Round Count: 72 rds required.

Equipment: Practical guns .380 or larger, carried in practical gear. Holster (required) must cover triggerguard. Two spare magazines or 2 speedloaders will get you thru any stage. No shoulder holsters or cross-draw rigs. No Race guns or gear.

Rules: Basically, IPSC rules with TIME PLUS scoring.

Divisions:

Low Cap: = 10 rd mags or less. (you may load magazines down for this division)
High Cap: = 11 rd mags or more (load 'em up!)
Revolver: = any revolver, barrel length 2.26" or longer, any capacity.
PDLL: = Ported (like the Glock "C" models) Dot (like the Optima red dot) Lasers and gun-mounted Lights. If your 5-shot J-frame has a laser, it'll compete in this division.
SubCompact: Semi-autos with barrels 3.5" or shorter.
Snubby: 5-6 shot with 2.25" or shorter barrels.
OTHER: IPSC Limited/Production Gun/gear shoot in this Division (equipment placement rules like Production/Single Stack)

22 Rifle or pistol: Bring your .22 AR or your tactical 22 pistol and have fun with them also

Prizes: YES! $50 Heartland Outdoor Gift certificates!
Awarded randomly! Must be present to win.

Limited to first 50 shooters!

Cost: $20: $10 for a second gun

(active military and full-time Law Enforcement ½ price)

Register online for your first gun only. Second gun registration will be at the door, space permitting

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
REMEMBER, this is an off set weekend. The first Sunday is THIS Sunday coming up.

We will have a stage firing SUPPRESSED firearms, one rifle, one pistol. This will add $2 total to the match fee to pay the owners if these guns for the ammo, so please bring some singles.

In fact, we might do TWO stages with the suppressed guns, as I'm betting very few folks have ever shot one before. It'll be fun not having to wear ear muffs, don't you think?

There will be a LOW LIGHT stage with movers......or maybe.....two low light stages, one with the suppressed guns........yeah, that's the ticket

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
i saw and handled the suppressed pistol and it is very nice... this is a great deal, when else would you be able to shoot suppressed firearms in a match, much less just for 2 extra dollars.. and yes please bring ones so i don't have to make change!! i will let you stuff the ones in my shirt if you want!!!

dennishoddy

i saw and handled the suppressed pistol and it is very nice... this is a great deal, when else would you be able to shoot suppressed firearms in a match, much less just for 2 extra dollars.. and yes please bring ones so i don't have to make change!! i will let you stuff the ones in my shirt if you want!!!

You gonna do a little dance number first?

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Getting back to the match, the suppressed firearms are both .22's, so don't worry about the kick. Neither gun will require a reload, just pick them up and shoot the targets. Both have a red dot sight,

It'll be a hoot!

B

Beau

I cant wait for this one its going to be awesome shooting suppressed.

NL7CO

Well-Known Fanatic
I thought we were doing the suppressed shoot on the third Sunday. I'll have to make slight changes in plans, but I'll bring the rifle this Sunday.

You said low light - do you want the light on the rifle?

Sling?

I'll try and bring more than two rifle mags - wonder if Tony has some and can deliver?

How many rounds do you want brought along?

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Don, sorry for the confusion. If you can't make it, or it would be difficult to to so, I can figure up something else, so no worries on this end.

The guns have a red dot, so I'm thinking that'll be plenty good enough for making the hits.

10 rds per suppressed gun per stage (20 for each stage, divided between two guns) so 20 rds per shooter, per gun, for the match. (ok, I just confused myself!)

20 x 50 = 1000 rds per gun. You two guys will get a dollar each per shooter to pay for the ammo and wear and tear.

No sling needed.

If your AR .22 accepts Black Dog magazines, I have plenty.

NL7CO

Well-Known Fanatic
David,

Already adjusted the schedule and plan to be there.

Got the round count and the Black Dogs would be appreciated.

Pstmstr

magnum snubby
See you guys next time when it's back to a carry gun match. I shoot a suppressed .22 too often now in my part time assassin job.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Guys, two stages are carrygun stages. Two stages are battlefield pickup stages. Two stages are low light. There are moving and reactive targets.

What's not to like?

Latest posts