Carry Gun Match - Heartland Outdoors 4-1-12

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Question: If we don't shoot the supreased, do we just shoot our carry gun on those two stages? Or does everyone have to shoot 22?

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Question: If we don't shoot the supreased, do we just shoot our carry gun on those two stages? Or does everyone have to shoot 22?

If you don't want to pay the extra $2 (to pay for the ammo being supplied by the owners of the suppressed guns) then you'll shoot those two stages with your regular gun.

TRick333

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry I wasn't able to make it again. Last time I had a sick fiance and this time two sick little girls. Pending no one gets sick, I will be there next time. I hope everyone had a good time and shot well.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
It was a BLAST, albeit a quiet one, shooting two suppressed .22's on a stage! I purposely took off my ear muffs to enjoy the quiet of suppressed .22's shooting dedicated subsonic ammo!

Thanks again to Micah from Red Cloud, and Don Ross for making this possible!

Maybe we will do it again in a year, so those that missed out can have a chance at it.

Next match will feature NEW stages and we are back to our regular Carryfun, I mean, Carrygun format. Look for "low light," (NOT "no-light) for a stage, maybe 2

I may also recognize a new division, the Mousegun Division. .380 and below, 3" barrel or less, 8 rds max in the magazine. That intrigue anyone?

Marks45ACP

Well-Known Fanatic
This was my first competition and it was awesome! I will definitely be back! The suppressed .22's were sweet!!

OlSlyGuy

Well-Known Fanatic
Way to go guys! had a great time! those supressed .22s were a riot.

Keep up the good work!

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
No thoughts on the Mousegun Division?

Maybe a challenge is in order......

I'll pit my .380 against any snubby. Best score gets a Cherry Coke!!

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
I would be in for the mousegun but I would need to get two more mags for my LCP.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Mouse gun (or any backup gun) is a good idea. David, you and I talked one time about how to incorporate a backup gun into a stage safely.

Did you ever think of a way to do that? Start with your primary then finish the stage (string) with your backup....................

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Mousegun - starting at low ready? All I've got is a pocket holster. I've got 2 mags for my LCP. Maybe squad up to share mags with similar guns? Two mousegun divisions - with laser and without?

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
most people are not going to have enough mags with mouse guns... i think if we did something where it was at the end.. meaning you engage targets with (roughly) 10 shots with your "normal" gun and then have the mousegun on a table, pick up and engage with (roughly) 6 shots...

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Now that's an idea. A bug gun used as a bug gun.

I'd be willing to run my "primary" gun in a mix with my backup... lump all the 380s and snubby guns into the mousegun category...

Five shots at the last two targets ... representing a "fall back" to the poodle shooter.......call it DRT for the little guns...

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Mouse gun (or any backup gun) is a good idea. David, you and I talked one time about how to incorporate a backup gun into a stage safely.

Yeah, we did exactly that recently, it was quite fun and challenging. I'm surprised you don't remem-------oh, wait, you missed that one.

Well, there was the time when we.......oh. Nevermind.......

Latest posts