Carry a Knife for Personal Defense; When will you Use it?

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
I would find it interesting to hear from those that carry a knife for personal defense, when they would use it. And more importantly, how. Any training? How much training and what kind of knife would you elect to use?

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Some people are knife people, yet the old saying ( He brought a knife to a Gunfight ) rings loud & true.
I can't cut things with my 1911 like a knife, yet I still carry one.

My knife is black with a parkerized blade & opens with a button. It's only 3.5" folded but it opens fast as it is drawn from my nylon belt
holder. No name, it was made by White Wolf Custom knives & is plain & dark just like a hide out knife should be.

I would use it as a weapon if it's all I could get too. I took a course on how to use my Ek knife in a combat setting a long time ago in service.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Don't carry a knife for defense, sorry to say that I have not trained to use one in self defense either but would not hesitate to use the one I do carry if need be if that was my last resort!.
oh and by the way I carry a purple Loconico Keen!
Picture found on internet but this is the exact knife I carry daily
23342CE9-7BA9-445B-B5FC-5B5AB06F66B5.jpeg

Castroj

Fanatic
I carry a big knife for when I can't carry a gun. Example an event where it is posted no guns allowed. So when going out after the event to my vehicle I have a chance at self defense should it happen. Yet, you must be alert of your surrounding!

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
I always carry a knife…..no exceptions.
I have had a small amount of training, but I need more.

I generally carry a ZT or a Spyderco. I did get a OTF recently, it's really cool. Not that great of a utility knife, but a super stabber/slasher.

When will I use it? When I have to defend and have no other choice. The tactical pens are worth looking into as well

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a ZT 0300 switched to a Grayman Satu now that is another beastly knife!! 10oz and 9.875" of titanium carbon fiber and s30v steel

I do still have a carbon fiber ZT0350 though, great size for a carry knife.

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a knife (Benchmade Infidel) on me and often in my hand, as I walk from my car to a certain building I have to frequent in the middle of the night. It's not in the greatest part of town and if I get jumped, no way I can get to my carry gun in time. I have some training, but have a very intimate knowledge of the human anatomy.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
I have carried a knife most every day since 8-9 years old it is a daily tool to me mostly either a fixed blade or folder lock blade when the laws changed I got an auto OTF cheap one that changed my preference on carrying all the others not in my desk the OTF is the most useful I have ever carries and even a bargain brand had worked every time and never let me down, I am sold on the OTF versions now it is a Lightning brand in carbon steel I finally found one not stainless. I never dreamed I would trust it like I do so they just work at a low price.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
I always have at least 1 knife on me. Be lost without it

Prior to laws changing I had an Infidel, great and useful knife, it got traded away as my limited understanding of the laws at that time made me nervous. Wish I still had it and may get another. I do have an auto flipper and much prefer the OTF variety.

Latest posts