Carry a Knife for Personal Defense; When will you Use it?

Big Biscuit

Well-Known Fanatic
I've always carried a pocket knife
My current is Boker Kalisnakof

I was trained by Boy Scouts of America and still bear the scar across the top of my trigger finger where the blade snapped shut as proof.

I always win the "Show Your Scar" contest at the office Christmas Party.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I've always carried a pocket knife
My current is Boker Kalisnakof

I was trained by Boy Scouts of America and still bear the scar across the top of my trigger finger where the blade snapped shut as proof.

I always win the "Show Your Scar" contest at the office Christmas Party.
Oh owwww I hate when that happens!

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
I always carry a knife…..no exceptions.
I have had a small amount of training, but I need more.

I generally carry a ZT or a Spyderco. I did get a OTF recently, it's really cool. Not that great of a utility knife, but a super stabber/slasher.

When will I use it? When I have to defend and have no other choice. The tactical pens are worth looking into as well
Like a life preserver on a boat...it's there in case you need & hopefully you will never need it. But if you ever really need it & you don't have it...that's a different story.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Like a life preserver on a boat...it's there in case you need & hopefully you will never need it. But if you ever really need it & you don't have it...that's a different story.
I carry some kind of pocket knife all the time. Handy tool to have.

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
It was a bit expensive. Buy once, cry once. It's the best built OTF automatic I've ever seen. The blade redefines the word "sharp." I've never regretted buying it and it holds it's value well.
Since I saw yours I've been looking but all I find are one with saw tooth blades. I carry a Spyderco Endura-4

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
You've been gone for a while. Good to see you back. :)
Was in Colorado greeting our 17th grandchild...a little boy. Going & coming was a joke. The major highways were bumper to bumper trucks. Spoke with some of them at a couple of truck stops. They are driving & delivering but where is all that stuff going. Now according to some of the drivers they cannot go into California because they are independent or with the wrong union. Don't know enough to comment. Anyway took the back roads there & back much better.

Zipper046

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Always carry a knife (or two) when on duty or off duty. When to use? For me, if I'm ever for some reason on my back (in which case I already screwed up), and can't access my weapon or taser....the knife comes out. If I'm in a situation where there are too many innocents around (and I'm not staring down a barrel)...the knife comes out. It has it's place....mostly for close quarters hand-to-hand situations.

I carry an Emerson Pro-Tech CQC-7 ("punisher" series) spring assisted auto and an Emerson Pro-Tech CQC carbon fiber (the one on the right).

1642826497654.png1642826603658.png

If I'm dressed up, I will carry a Benchmade North Fork flipper....
1642826704343.png

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic

National Association for Gun Rights

The gun grabbers in San Jose, CA, are on the move.

They're planning to pass a gun ownership tax next Tuesday - which is really just a backdoor attempt at creating an illegal gun registry!

Click here to submit a comment and tell them NOT to pass this proposed ordinance!

Or just email them at [email protected] with "Agenda Item 4.1 22-045 Gun Harm Reduction Ordinance" in the subject line.

This isn't just about San Jose - or even California.

There is a whole coalition of Bloomberg "Mayors Against Illegal Guns" in cities all across America just waiting to implement this blatantly unconstitutional attack on gun rights if it works in San Jose.

That's why our legal arm, the National Foundation for Gun Rights, is preparing to file a lawsuit to stop this anti-gun scheme in its tracks the instant the ordinance is passed!

Our foundation already sent the city government a cease-and-desist letter last summer when the San Jose government first threatened to impose a tax on gun ownership.

While we did successfully delay it for a time, we knew it was a possibility that they could bring it back quickly at any time, and unfortunately that's exactly what they've done.

And that's why we need you to click here and give them a piece of your mind on their proposed gun ownership tax!

Or email them at [email protected] with "Agenda Item 4.1 22-045 Gun Harm Reduction Ordinance" in the subject line.

If they get away with it in San Jose, this unconstitutional scheme will spread like wildfire.

So let your voice be heard to stop it today!

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Wow that is impressive!
Thanks Bob. I have enjoyed owning it. They are built right in the mountains of my home state of North Carolina....not very far from Mike. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is outstanding. The mechanical mechanism design and function is genius in itself. I highly recommend Microtech.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Always carry a knife (or two) when on duty or off duty. When to use? For me, if I'm ever for some reason on my back (in which case I already screwed up), and can't access my weapon or taser....the knife comes out. If I'm in a situation where there are too many innocents around (and I'm not staring down a barrel)...the knife comes out. It has it's place....mostly for close quarters hand-to-hand situations.

I carry an Emerson Pro-Tech CQC-7 ("punisher" series) spring assisted auto and an Emerson Pro-Tech CQC carbon fiber (the one on the right).

View attachment 10906View attachment 10907

If I'm dressed up, I will carry a Benchmade North Fork flipper....
View attachment 10908
Good stuff. All are very well made. You have good taste in knives.

Latest posts