Fanatic
All of the 1911's I have are below the $1000 limit. They
are as follows:

1. Taurus 1911 Commander 45 ACP
2. Two SDS 1911A1's 45 CP
3. Two Ruger SR1911 LW Commanders 45 ACP
4. Inland 1911 45 ACP
5. Two Colt 70 series (re-issued) FS 45ACP
I have no problems with any of these guns that I have shot.
I forgot to mention one Tisas 1911 "duty" 1911

Last edited:

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
They are excellent, they make the Desert Eagle 1911 for Kahr Arms/Magnum Research, my Desert Eagle my main IDPA pistol, my Bul Armory backup, they are really good, Smokey Mountain Gun Works has the commander stainless for 799 right now, this phrase gets used a lot but one of best out of box triggers out there

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Also you can order straight from Bul, my second one I ordered straight from Israel, Desert Eagle at the time only had 5" bull barrel and I needed bushing barrel to be IDPA legal for a state match, super nice folks, sent me a t shirt, European cut, would fit my 5 year old granddaughter, just in emails about the gun on order mentioned to them and couple weeks later a Bul Armory professional shooting shirt like their sponsored shooters wear showed up with Bul patches and stickers, I thought that was pretty cool!

sorry for the bad information

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
If I remember right I contacted customer service and a rep called me, arranged everything, took about a month to get it in but he said it would take about that long, Desert Eagle basically same gun, if you can find one of those, hope they get to be more mainstream

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
If I remember right I contacted customer service and a rep called me, arranged everything, took about a month to get it in but he said it would take about that long, Desert Eagle basically same gun, if you can find one of those, hope they get to be more mainstream
I was looking at the TAC government trying to figure out the price...yep the site told me to call or contact them.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
They are getting into uspsa competition pretty heavy also, I know I keep pounding the drum for these folks, my dream gun a Wilson Combat CQB 5" 9mm but that being said I don't know how it could be any better than the Desert Eagle as far as just the shooting experience, I didn't need to do anything to it but I can't seem to leave well enough alone, sent off and had black nitrided, swapped grips for white Lok Grips, added Dawson fiber optic sights and a magwell, a friend of mine that's a gunsmith just polished internals, trigger 3 lbs, was probably 4-4.5 from factory, the Bul I just added fiber optics and magwell, comes with 3 dot from factory

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Bul is pretty dang good, glad you got that, they are coming out with two pistol or small red dots, new venture for them

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Citadel , really anything Armscor is hard to beat for the money . There are also some new and used Colts out there too . I've had real good luck with Kimber , SA , Sig . Lots to chose from and still stay under $1,000.00
There are still quit a few used 1911 safe queens that can be had for under $1000. I've seen them on A.L. and other places. Personally, prefer 1911's Made in America. a personal choice, I fly our flag and walk the talk.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Cimarron, Rock Island Armory, SDS, Girsan, Taurus, Springfield Defender, Kimber LW.

With careful shopping a nice pre-loved 1911 can be had too.

It's a tough time to be starting anything new right now. Prices are rising and supply is short. Both guns and ammo now are higher than a cats back.
Agreed when you stated tough time to start anything right now, but consider a good used 1911. I bought all mine as soon as Obozo & Hitlery hit the Capital steps, I knew it wasn't going to be good for gun owners. Haven't had to, or bought anything since. Well that wasn't till yesterday, I found a deal on a New /Used
safe queen Kimber K6S...my only revolver. There are still deals out there.

Mr.Fister

Active Fanatic
Kimber K6S
I have the K6s 3" DASA and like it. I did put Hogue Bantam grips on it though. Easier on arthritic hands with mag rds.

My most recent 1911 was a Fusion Reaction in 45 acp. May be the most accurate one I have.

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
I agree about Armscor (aka Rock Island Armory). So many people have good things to say about them, not just here but on all those other 1911 forums as well! Honest? Mine has around 1,100 rounds out of it, and I swear... It has NEVER had a problem at all. No FTF, FTE, mag issues, etc... etc... I've only shot 230gr "ball" out of it, and only 1 mag of Rem Golden Sabers JHP, as a test, and it gobbled those up too!
Concur...have one shoots great. Great truck gun...

Latest posts