Busy Weekend at SCRAP Range

Raford

Well-Known Fanatic
This is one of those rare weekends when both of our pistol competitions occur in the same weekend. Saturday we will hold our monthly Steel Challenge Match. We'll shoot 4 stages at the competition range. Sigh-up at 9:30am or via Practiscore match management on the Practiscore website. Match begins at 10:00am, cost is $10.00 for the first gun and $5,00 for each additional gun you compete with.

On Sunday we will host our monthly USPSA/IPSC match. We'll have 5 stages plus a classifier with a round count around 120. Cost to shoot the match is $15.00. First time shooters with us shoot the match for free, and if you bring a first time shooter, your cost will be $10.00 to shoot the match, So bring a friend you would like to introduce to the sport. You can also pre-register for this match at the Practiscore match management site. While you can self squad on the Practiscore site, we'll reserve the right to make adjustments as needed to keep the match moving along smoothly. First shots down range and walk thru at 10:00am. Please be there a early to sign in and pay your match fees.

So if you're looking for a place to shoot this weekend, we hope you'll consider coming down to Duncan and shooting with us.

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm gonna miss steel challenge, but I'll see you on Sunday. Are you setting up Sunday morning or Saturday after steel challenge? I can come early on Sunday.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Sounds awesome.
Can I make a request? Please post more match announcements here on Boomer. I never think to shoot Duncan because I don't ever get reminded of the match when I'm browsing Boomer.

Raford

Well-Known Fanatic
Matt Rigsby said:
Sounds awesome.
Can I make a request? Please post more match announcements here on Boomer. I never think to shoot Duncan because I don't ever get reminded of the match when I'm browsing Boomer.
Sorry Matt, I often forget to post an announcement partly because I know we're on the calendar for Oklahoma matches, and sometimes I just feel they're redundant, but I'll try to do better in the future.

H.Moon,
We're not opposed to having 3gun matches at SCRAP. It is just a mater of time and resources. I'm currently running the steel challenge matches and helping out with USPSA matches at our range, beyond that I try to make other competitions around the state and surrounding area including ICORE matches. Others have asked the same question and my answer is usually the same, if you are willing to run the match, we'll be willing to help get it going. I'm just not in a position to commit to another match at this time. If we could get several people who are committed to making it happen, I'm certain it would be well attended.

dennishoddy

Raford said:
Sorry Matt, I often forget to post an announcement partly because I know we're on the calendar for Oklahoma matches, and sometimes I just feel they're redundant, but I'll try to do better in the future.
Match announcements should draw more shooters. We have a wednesday high power rifle match in the summer at our range. The MD put it on the calender on our web site in January and when match day showed up, nobody was there.

Convinced him to put it into a club email. Second week we had 10 shooters, and a month later had 30 shooters.

You gotta advertise/promote your matches.

Raford

Well-Known Fanatic
Okay guys, I know it's Valentines weekend and it is starting to look like the weather is really going to sharp on Sunday. The only people who have used the Practoscore match management and pre-registered are the two guys setting up the stages. I've heard from Josh that he will be here! Will anybody else's? It's going to be cool, cloudy and windy according to the local prognosticator. Just asking before we set it up and nobody shows?

Raford

Well-Known Fanatic
Looks like the really nasty weather will hold off till five or six o'clock in the evening so we have set some of the stages this afternoon and will set remainder in the morning, no one has responded, but that's ok, we'll be open for business tomorrow, so when you wake up and realize it's not the bad, come shoot with us and have a great weekend..

Latest posts