Bushnell SMRS 1-8.5x Thoughts? Opnions?

Stonetoad

Well-Known Fanatic
Looking for 1-8x or a valdad 1-10x for my AR. For 3-gun and longer range precision. I am open to suggestions or Opnions. Like idea of a scope powers down. To 1x used like a red dot then power up for more precise shootibg.

Wegnerracing

Fanatic
I have a Valdada 1-10x scope. I love the reticle and the ability to shoot long range with it. I built a Seekins AR and have shot it out to 875 yards with it. The only negative to this scope is the heavy weight of it. i would not suggest it for 3 gun because of how heavy it is. Price tag is a little heavy too. The swarovksi 1-6 still seems hard to beat for 3-gun.

Well-Known Fanatic
Take a look at the Weaver Tactical 1-7 dual focal plane. 4moa daylight bright red dot and EDMR ffp reticle. If your near Choctaw I've got one you take a look at

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

ironman23

Fanatic
I've got a Primary Arms 1x4 on a couple of my AR's. They have a set of crosshairs and a separate center red dot that can be turned on. It goes bright enough for full daylight use. The price is right on them (about $125) and they use a 30mm tube. If 4x would be enough for you, check them out. I run 1 - 1 1/2 power for close range with the red dot and power up to 4x for longer shots & use holdover. They also have a 1/4 moa dot in the center of the crosshairs to aid in very precise shooting - I like this for getting my 100 yard zero, using a 1" cold bore target. That makes the dot & the 1" target the same size - overlap the two black dots & hold steady.

Latest posts