Burris mtac

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
Just over $300 at LGS. Is this something I can grow with, or just shoot irons until I can do better. I'm fully aware that my first few matches are gonna be ugly, and learning the game will be more important than scores.

gng4life

Active Fanatic
There are guys who shoot that scope exclusively and do very well so it depends on your taste and ability. The price is very good so if you plan on staying with a 1-4 scope, that is the one of the top contenders.

Let us know how it goes. When is your match, this weekend?

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
gng4life said:
There are guys who shoot that scope exclusively and do very well so it depends on your taste and ability. The price is very good so if you plan on staying with a 1-4 scope, that is the one of the top contenders.

Let us know how it goes. When is your match, this weekend?
Yes, Sunday. I can get it zero'ed Saturday. Probably be more comfortable with the irons, but I've never been one to not dive right in. Unless it's a high dive, then I'm chickenshit. Gotta sneak up on those. Plus, at the home club, 200 max yards, so 1-4 is probably good. I'm slapping it on a regular 16" carbine. Probably look to build an upper next year. Right now the priorty is to finish Dad's rack grade AR. (I know, but that's what he wants)

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
The Tac30 is $100 cheaper and has very little differences. I have 5 of them on my guns that don't wear a Swarovski. If your planning to upgrade later spend that $100 on a good mount that will last forever and get a Tac30.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
So is the Burris PEPR mount lacking? The optic they said they have in store was the 1.5-6 model. I heard 319 but my luck they could have said $390. I'll look around.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Pepr is a decent mount for an Asian built unit. I'd suggest a LaRue or amd.

Like Tony said I'd take 1-4 over 1.5-6. 1.5 won't kill you though.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
Awesome! Thanks for the help, guys. I may have to shoot irons Sunday, but better than dropping coin on something ill be unhappy with.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
Picked up the MTAC today, just $9 more than the TAC30. Using cheap mounts until I find some good ones. Pretty happy with the deal, and like the scope. But I wish I didn't finger the Vortex sitting next to it. LOL!

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
$309. But now I have to find decent mounts. I can see the ones I had are only going to get me through the first shoot. But hey, I wanna go shoot!

cajunautoxer

Well-Known Fanatic
BobS761 said:
$309. But now I have to find decent mounts. I can see the ones I had are only going to get me through the first shoot. But hey, I wanna go shoot!
Was this new? Link?

KY19111

Fanatic
I tend to think that unless you are going to really jump into 3Gun by traveling to lots of local and regional matches as well as the occasional major, the MTAC will serve you exceptionally well.

I have one in a LaRue mount and it's the bomb...quick on 1x, accurate on 4x. The upgrade to the magnification dial over the TAC30 is significant - though it can use a cat rail.

Only a few other 1-4 scopes match the MTAC IN value.

Latest posts