Bourbon study

dennishoddy

BobS761 said:
No worries Burk. Hell, I can't even drink it without training wheels, cola. Straight liqueur is vile! Lol! So take my results for what they're worth!

Woodford reserve with cola???????
At the very most one ice cube. How are you ever going to tell the nuances, intricate flavors, and subtle differences that a master distiller has introduced into their product?

It's blasphemy at the very least, and I could continue.

:D

MrTheBigOx

Well-Known Fanatic
u5udune3.jpg

Don't know if this stuff is good or not I just coke it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grayokc

Well-Known Fanatic
Hensy said:
Nothing touches johnnie walker blue label. If u haven't tried it don't spend money on guns for a month take that money and go by a fifth last I check $310 was the price. I really am enjoying some johnnie walker double black also
They have it for $210 at Pancho's Liquor Town on NW Expressway, just finished a bottle of that sweet nectar of the gods.

Shootingchef

Fanatic
Bottom shelf dwellers behold the ture beverage of the gods. Pappy Van Winkle, I have tried most bourbons and enjoy very few.
my list:
Pappy Van Winkle
Blantons
Woodford reserve
Wild Turkey Rare Breed

All neat in a clean glass.

James Peel

Well-Known Fanatic
Shootingchef said:
Bottom shelf dwellers behold the ture beverage of the gods. Pappy Van Winkle, I have tried most bourbons and enjoy very few.
my list:
Pappy Van Winkle
Blantons
Woodford reserve
Wild Turkey Rare Breed

All neat in a clean glass.
Agreed! Puppy's and Blantons are very tasty, and often overlooked.

Shame on Ye who mix your Bourbon with coke. That's just nasty. And a waste of good bourbon. Get some cheap Old Grand Dad for that.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
If anyone remember Maker's Cigar Bar in Bricktown I know one of their bartenders kicked a guy out for ordering Louis XIII and diet coke.

dennishoddy

Lady's and Gents, there is a new kid on the block for those who are not snobs.

I'm willing to take responsibility for reporting a new whisky that is worthy of a snobs report, yet won't meet the $$$ requirements that some follow in the mainstream distilling media.

Soda mixers, move along. Nothing to see here. :sarcastichand:

It is sold in New Mexico. I'll be looking for it in Ok.

Forty Creek Barrel Select.

Aged in vintage sherry casks, that bring out some amazing flavors.

The group I was with,(elk camp) voted it #1.
(at that time of night, they would have voted cat piss as #1), but hey! It did get the #1 rating as distiller of the year from whisky magazine in 2008.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
After my complete and total emasculation, I couldn't bring myself to continue the experiment with less than a weeks rest. So, may e Saturday, Woodford Reserve, neat, and with coke...dammit

Latest posts