Biggest "carry" mistakes

thespaceghost

Well-Known Fanatic
Failing to use a mirror or other live human being to point out that shrunk up semi-see-through T-shirt is printing like a big dog and yet the gun toter is out there pretending they are invisible. Yikes. It is worse than open carry, it is denial carry.

Modoc

Active Fanatic
Before going IWB, I had a cross draw holster on for a long road trip. Got out of the rig and went in to pay for fuel, and the pistol worked out to fall on the pad between pumps. This was a kleenex soft slide that was beyond the end of it's service life. Did a quick scoop and look, took care of business and left quickly. The only saving grace is that the fuel station was quiet at the time and I have been told that I look like an off duty LEO. Now for long road trips, it is a DeSantis Shoulder holster under a Hawaiian style shirt.

That holster has since been given to a CCW instructor friend as a good example of what NOT to use.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
attachicon.gif
open carry.jpg

Also check the ankle knife on the OUTSIDE of the boot
Lay off the pink ice cream, Ninja.

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
During a road trip through Arizona a couple months ago I saw a tactical Timmy sporting his M&P in an airsoft grade thigh rig, complete with taco mag pouches and cargo pants tucked into his 5.11 boots.

He was also eating ice cream.

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
MikeF said:
During a road trip through Arizona a couple months ago I saw a tactical Timmy sporting his M&P in an airsoft grade thigh rig, complete with taco mag pouches and cargo pants tucked into his 5.11 boots.

He was also eating ice cream.

You forgot the part where I waved and said hi and you pretended not to recognize me. Gamers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
DD78 said:
I'm willing to bet that the dude in the pic can't hit the broad side of a barn. Most dudes that I know that are Timmys can't shoot very well. Especially if you make them move lol
He almost hit my truck on the way out

posted via Tapatalk

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
So I just saw a guy in cabelas with a shirt kinda sorta/not really draped over his full size 1911 in an owb old school leather holster.
The entire holster was visible because the shirt wasn't covering it at all, and the grip of the gun was "covered" but there was a very obvious rectangle protruding.
Not only that, but when he went to get his wallet, he lifted his shirt and moved the holster forward so he could get to his back pocket.... wtf?

What the hell is the point in "covering" the gun if you're gonna be that obvious with it?

FRISKY

Fanatic
A few years ago a group of friends and myself were eating at Chelinos when a guy picked up his jacket to leave and dumped his pocket gun on the tile floor. The place was packed and the gun bounced around the room off table and chair legs like a pinball machine. Everyone went silent as they watched him retrieve the gun from under someone's table about 15' away.

Latest posts