Benelli M3

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I may end up buying it and then I will sell it to you once it and you are ready to go, :D

They don't make a 22". Its a 21" The most popular extension tube is one that holds 8 rounds because you can run 8 in the tube and 1 in the gun. The 8 round tube lines up nicely with the end of the barrel too so you can look ATAS. The 9 round tube is also popular because you can load one extra shell in the gun after the buzzer just in case you need it. The 6 round tube lines up perfectly with the end of the 24" barrel Benelli.
21...22, what's an inch anyway? I run the 9 round tube with a 24" barrel. I also load 9 in the tube before the buzzer & just don't tell anybody (shhhhhhhh, let's keep that on the DL). :13:

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Best Idea Ever.... :clap:
This is flawed logic. Jesse did the same for me, but I ended up buying it before I was ready, because I'm impatient & had to have it now. :lol:

I really appreciate everything He's done to help me & every other shooter that lets him. He's done this with absolutely nothing in it for himself other than making a freind. I've not seen very many people go to the personal extent that Jesse does to promote the shooting sports.

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
I should probably just sell something that I never shoot and buy one now...

[email protected]

Well-Known Fanatic
This is flawed logic. Jesse did the same for me, but I ended up buying it before I was ready, because I'm impatient & had to have it now. :lol:

I really appreciate everything He's done to help me & every other shooter that lets him. He's done this with absolutely nothing in it for himself other than making a freind. I've not seen very many people go to the personal extent that Jesse does to promote the shooting sports.

I haven't even shot a 3 gun match yet and he has been a great help!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I should probably just sell something that I never shoot and buy one now...

Thanks guys! don't forget Mr. Pinto and Mr.Parks. These guys setup, tear down, score and listen to us ***** about everything the work so hard at. Without them we would be shooting that one gun stuff only.

Ocphy, This is exactly what I have done over the past 18 months. I just sold the last one a couple weeks ago. My 3 gun kit us almost complete. Come on 2011's!

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Thanks guys! don't forget Mr. Pinto and Mr.Parks. These guys setup, tear down, score and listen to us ***** about everything the work so hard at. Without them we would be shooting that one gun stuff only.

Ocphy, This is exactly what I have done over the past 18 months. I just sold the last one a couple weeks ago. My 3 gun kit us almost complete. Come on 2011's!
You're absolutely right Jesse, I wasn't trying to slight them in the least. I always show my appreciation for what they do in the match thread. I just wanted to take this opportunity to give you some overdue & well deserved credit.

Redline

Well-Known Fanatic
heck ya Jesse is a rare breed. he just has a way of talking a guy into dropping some cash lol, seriously though he will try to keep ya from wasting a bunch of money and time on something that won't make the cut.

Edit

Mr. Pinto is the man also the match yesterday was f-ing awesome how he comes up with some of the stages is beyond me.

As for Mr. Parks I have not had the pleasure of meeting him but I'm sure he deserves some appreciation as well, those OKC boys put on a mean multi-gun match.

Thanks to everyone involved

xdnok

Well-Known Fanatic
In all reality nothing is as good as an M1/M2 for 3-gun...some stuff comes close and many folks will say "this will be AS GOOD AS" a Benelli....but even "as good as" isn't really quite the same! The ability to fit drop and cast makes the Benelli tops as well as it never breaks, !...well untill you get around 130,000 rounds on it, Nothing loads as easy as an Benelli, it is light and points great.....AHHH I could go on, but for the $$ of any kind...like Their add says..... Benelli....Simply perfect!!

It figures, just as I talk myself into trying 3gun competition the most recommended weapon is in very short supply. So what is the stuff that comes close since a new 21" M2 is proving hard to find.

Wes

NL7CO

Well-Known Fanatic
Resurecting an old thread and pushing it in a slightly different direction.

Kurt - you said you could write a page and ahalf on what is wrong with the M3 - is that just from the 3-gun perspective, or is the gun itself somehow defective? I am looking for a reliable shotgun that lets me shoot fast if I want to, but still handle low power, weird rounds like the 12 gauge flares in my aircraft survival kit and others. From my reading, it seems like the M3 is perfect for that and no better than an 870 for 3-gun.

I'm also interested in what Accurate Arms would do to it to make it more functional for general / survival usage and for 3-gun.

I'm planning on shooting 3-gun for the chance to push my skill levels with guns that I've chosen for other, non-competitve, reasons on training events that I did not dream up. usually, that means I get timed with a calendar.

Don

Never really tore into a M3 , I wouldnt be interested in seeing what could be done to it.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Never really tore into a M3 , I wouldnt be interested in seeing what could be done to it.

I am sure you would be interested in what could be done to any gun.

It wouldn't be a very profitable business decision to try to learn to the race mods for a new shotgun platform that has already proven to not be competitive in 3 gun.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
The M3 IS NOT NEW Jesse!

Major problems:

Selector widget gets stuck between both modes and gun won't function.
Selector widget gets bumped halfway off in Semi Aurto mode and breaks off widget ears and it won't function in either mode...and no amount of clearance drills or fidgeting will make it work untill it is pulled apart and parts replaced.
A shell gets jammed on the carrier and operator moves selector widget to pump action to clear and in so doing causes another shell to be released causing a jam that requiers disassembly to clear.

Minor problems:

It is in pump mode and operator thinks it is in auto and the gun won't cycle...really fun when running from a Bear!
Gun is in semi mode and operator is thinking pump and A.D.s into side of truck. ( both are observed true incidences) There is no good marking of any sort to tell you where you are!

This is the Reader's Digest version, as I don't want to type anymore. If you want glowing reports of the gun look up early 1990's police magazines...if you want not so glowing reports talk to gunsmiths who have had to work on them and look up Police magazines a year latter. Personally I would feel better armed with a single shot Toppper in 12ga., at least with that I would KNOW I would only get one shot! KurtM

Latest posts