Benelli M3

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall, we will see about installing a hangover when I get back! :lol:

BillyD Sunday?? Well we need to work on FREQUENCY!

Doesn't a hangover occur when you finally run nout when the stores aren't open???? :unsure: :D

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
here you guys are making me want to buy a Benelli again...

[email protected]

Well-Known Fanatic
Either: A - beer has gotten MUCH stronger
B - someone drugged me
C - tiger woods used my head to test the new Nike Sasquatch while I slept
D - I got old

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
In all reality nothing is as good as an M1/M2 for 3-gun...some stuff comes close and many folks will say "this will be AS GOOD AS" a Benelli....but even "as good as" isn't really quite the same! The ability to fit drop and cast makes the Benelli tops as well as it never breaks, !...well untill you get around 130,000 rounds on it, Nothing loads as easy as an Benelli, it is light and points great.....AHHH I could go on, but for the $$ of any kind...like Their add says..... Benelli....Simply perfect!!

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
For what it's worth:
Before purchasing, I tried the Mossberg, FN, Remmy.......... I did alot of research & reading. I made countless trips to the local gun stores, I'm sure the salesmen got tired of me. I also tried out the various Shotguns at the matches. I landed on a used 24" M1 & haven't regretted it. None had the ease of shouldering & pointing & the light weight of the Benelli. Strictly $ based, I reeeeeaaaalllly wanted to find an alternative, but kept coming back to the Benelli. It just worked better for me.

BTW: A buddy of mine has an ATAS 18" M4 & I'd bet that thing weighs almost twice as much as my M1. I'd think the M3 would be even worse with it's convertible pump/semi action.

[email protected]

Well-Known Fanatic
I currently own an 1100 and an 11-87 but for what it would cost to get one of those going I think I will just keep looking for a good deal on the Benelli.
There was talk some time ago about the CZ 712. Has anyone heard more about that?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I currently own an 1100 and an 11-87 but for what it would cost to get one of those going I think I will just keep looking for a good deal on the Benelli.
There was talk some time ago about the CZ 712. Has anyone heard more about that?

Sell those Remmys and you'll be half way to your benelli. CZ? I didn't even know they made shotguns.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
CZ? I didn't even know they made shotguns.
Pinto's looking into the viability of using them for 3gun. Last I remember, he was still waiting to receive a couple for modification & testing. He hasn't given an update in a while, so I'd assume he's still waiting on them.

ocphy

Well-Known Fanatic
I am still debating on it. I really want to pick one up, but this moment in time is not the best for me.

[email protected]

Well-Known Fanatic
Is the 24" or 22" preferred? Also, what size magazine extension is the most popular? I think just to get going I will chop up my 1100 and then upgrade later.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Is the 24" or 22" preferred? Also, what size magazine extension is the most popular? I think just to get going I will chop up my 1100 and then upgrade later.
22" would be ideal. The preferred capacity would be 9 in the tube. This combo should put the barrel & tube pretty close to even although that's not really important. But if you're cutting it, there's no benefit to having a shorter barrel since the mag tube will still be whatever length it takes to hold the capacity you want.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I am still debating on it. I really want to pick one up, but this moment in time is not the best for me.

I may end up buying it and then I will sell it to you once it and you are ready to go, :D

22" would be ideal. The preferred capacity would be 9 in the tube. This combo should put the barrel & tube pretty close to even although that's not really important. But if you're cutting it, there's no benefit to having a shorter barrel since the mag tube will still be whatever length it takes to hold the capacity you want.

They don't make a 22". Its a 21" The most popular extension tube is one that holds 8 rounds because you can run 8 in the tube and 1 in the gun. The 8 round tube lines up nicely with the end of the barrel too so you can look ATAS. The 9 round tube is also popular because you can load one extra shell in the gun after the buzzer just in case you need it. The 6 round tube lines up perfectly with the end of the 24" barrel Benelli.

Latest posts