BBI Black Bullets Int'l Backlog

bboswell

Well-Known Fanatic
Placed an order with BBI three months ago and still no bullets. Does anyone know the current expected wait time?

Also, I'm not known for being overly patient, so will likely start looking for an alternative for my next order that is more readily available.

Have seen comments about Billy Bullets, Bayou and Precision for moly coated. Zero, Berry's, Frontier for plated. Please comment if you found a BBI alternative you are satisfied with (other than cast lead) for the practical pistol games in large quantities, and perhaps your pet loads with those other brands. I need to figure out something I can order and reasonably expect to be delivered in 30-days or less.

Love MG, but price is a bit steeper than I would like to pay.

Also, have been looking for VV N320 to try for months and finally found one container at Dong's. So many reloaders seem to swear by it, but appears to be out of stock both locally and online consistently. Do you have a source for it you are willing to reveal?

Thanks.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
The first 1k .40s I ever loaded were with BBIs. Then I couldn't find any so I loaded a bunch of Bayous. I'm still loading Bayous. :)

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
On the VV N320, I've heard rumors that there are only one or two (I forget) shipments per year to the distributor in the US. I have no idea if that's true or not, but it would kind of explain the cyclical availability.

Strokin04

Grits N Gravy
Bayous get my vote, good price and fast shipping. BBI bullets are nice but the long wait time is a deal breaker for me.

backer

Well-Known Fanatic
+1 Bayou Bullets

It took my buddy about six months to get his order from BBI, It isn't worth the wait, Bayou Bullets are just as good and you don't get any of that black moly stuck to your fingers when reloading!

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Bayous have been nice so far. I do worry about his ability to keep up with demand though as his bullets get more popular. I gave up on BBI they just can't keep up with demand.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
I'm a fan of the BBI's but will most likely not be ordering any more due to the wait times. There are tons of people here that swear by the Bayou Bullets. Mr. Rennie tried out seemingly every coated bullet he could find so his vote has experience behind it.

As far as powder goes, you might take a look at WST... easy to find and not terribly expensive. I use this powder with coated bullets for my limited ammo with good results.

The Antichrome

I love BBI's. But I placed orders back in May, that still have not been filled.
If Bayou ever gets online ordering, maybe I'll try them.
I just dont like cast lead, I've tried and tried.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Why do you need online to order. Just call Donnie he wil hook you up!!!

FYI bayou is going to be a forum sponsor in 2012!!!!!!

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Why do you need online to order. Just call Donnie he wil hook you up!!!

FYI bayou is going to be a forum sponsor in 2012!!!!!!

This is what I do & he usually gets my bullets sent out right away.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Since you mentioned it, I've been using Precision Delta 9mm FMJ 115gr, for $76/1K shipped to my door. Excellent quality and I've been a repeat customer, but I may opt for a coated lead bullet next, since I'll probably be rolling with a 5K or greater order instead of the usual 2K.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
Ordering with Donnie is super easy. He's always responded to my emails very quickly. I put a check in the mail and then bullets appear at my doorstep...magic.

The Antichrome

Phone calls, emails, Checks, Mail (stamps?) WTF?
1999 called, they said google up 'e-commerce'

When I get around to ordering something online, its usually at 1am...
When I get around to ordering something by phone, its usually, never.

xdnok

Well-Known Fanatic
Another vote for Bayou bullets after going though the long wait time for BBI's. The Bayou bullets are very good, seem to smoke less than than the BBI's did and are whole lot nicer to handle when reloading. WST and N320 are my favorite powders for both 9mm and 40 but don't seem to have any problems finding N320 when I'm buying, maybe I'm the one that always gets the last container in stock :p

Wes

The Antichrome

note from BBI:

Dear BBI Customer
My name is Chandler LaFrain and I am the new owner of BBI. At this time we are not accepting any orders and any orders that were in the system when it was under Tom Drazy are being cancelled. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. It is going to take me a few months to get everything back in a condition to manufacture bullets and provide them to customers. I have your contact information and will be glad to inform you when we are back up and going. To show my commitment to current BBI customers who were inconveniences by the transition, I will be offering a 10% discount on your 1st order after we are back up and running.

Chandler LaFrain
BBI - CEO

bboswell

Well-Known Fanatic
I too received this email. so I guess my questions are answered.

Appreciate the feedback on other options. Need start experimenting with new loads. Sounds like plenty of positive feedback on Bayou, nobody seems to be using Precision, so I will give Bayou a try and hopefully can get similar results as BBI without the hassles.

Sorry to see BBI struggling, as I certainly liked the product. Perhaps under the new ownership they will get back on track.

Latest posts