BBI Black Bullets Int'l Backlog

dennishoddy

I've used berry's, and have been pretty happy with them. They are stocked at Powder Valley.
Normally I use the 200 grain SWC in the .45.

RyanReed

Semi-Pro
I am friends with Chandler. He expects to be up and running in 6 months. He was a BBI customer, so I am sure he will work on improving the wait times.

bboswell

Well-Known Fanatic
dennishoddy and/or others, why 200 gn SWC for your .45 instead of 230 gn RN?

I was always very happy with accuracy of my BBI .45 load using traditional RN 230. But as I read more in these forums, I just get more and more confused, so why not continue in that manner? I'm interested in hearing from others participating in the practical shooting games who must make major power factor. Seems like a 30 grain difference would mean significantly more recoil due to the increase in powder required, but perhaps I am naive.

I have never loaded anything but 230 grain in my .45, but given BBI out of business for the time being, I am going to need to develop new loads anyway, so I'm willing to try something new if you more experienced shooters have input as to why it makes sense. Please provide your comments.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I can't sayanything but good about Donnie at Bayou Bullets! just wish I knew when I worked down there for those few months or I'd have visited. Ordering by e-mail is fine but damn a real person is a nice thing, you get to build somewhat of a relationship with the guy who is making the stuff we shoot does it get any better? sometimes I get real busy so a phonecall now and again is a welcome. Later,

Kirk

dennishoddy

dennishoddy and/or others, why 200 gn SWC for your .45 instead of 230 gn RN?

I was always very happy with accuracy of my BBI .45 load using traditional RN 230. But as I read more in these forums, I just get more and more confused, so why not continue in that manner? I'm interested in hearing from others participating in the practical shooting games who must make major power factor. Seems like a 30 grain difference would mean significantly more recoil due to the increase in powder required, but perhaps I am naive.
No big secret why I shoot the 200 grain SWC.
I got most of a 5 gallon bucket of them for the price of scrap lead. Took a front end loader to get them in the truck. LOL!

Latest posts