Area 59 / Kellc Ranch - Rosenburg, TX

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey guys, I just recently found out about the Area 59 / Kellc Ranch, damn glad I did. There are matches every weekend of different flavors, including USPSA, 3 Gun, Steel Challenge and a really cool teaching match called Open Carry Challenge. From what I gather the range is well built and taken care of, ground is high and dry, the groups hosting the match are top notch, and there is a very good safety record on the range.

I'm going to start shooting with them as much as I can, if you're local give them a opportunity.

1st Sunday - Open Carry Challenge - Intro to practical shooting, learn to draw, reload, and basics of practical shooting.

2nd Saturday - Area 59 / Kanpai Squad - USPSA

3rd Saturday - Rosenburg Defensive Pistol Club - 3-Gun - From what I hear they just started 3 gun within the last year and are getting up to speed FAST.

4th Saturday - Outer Limits Steel Challenge - You know what this is!

4th Sunday - Generational Practical Shooters - USPSA

Every Tuesday - 6pm - Rosenburg Defensive Pistol Club - IDPA/USPSA Hybrid Club

http://www.area59.us/

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
I have not been to the facility but do know it was selected to host the Texas Open in June and the Area 4 Championship in September.

Any idea what rule set they use for 3 Gun? Possibly similar to WHIDPA 3 Gun at Impact?

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
Just asked the director, it is Outlaw like WHIDPA. Scored time plus.

Latest posts