appreciation

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Sometimes it takes a situation(crisis?) like the CV 19 deal to make you deeply reflect on thing-- heck we have plenty of time right?

I am seeing things in other countries that are far worse, control -wise, than what we have so far here. I have always cherished being an American and what the lord has given me. I have come to appreciate my life so much more when things like this happen though. I try not to take anything for granted . Face it though,a s we move through our daily lives, the issues tend to make us focus elsewhere

This I dedicate this thread to what makes me grateful and what I appreciate

1. the lord--for giving me life and letting me be born here as well as being born healthy
If we could not defend ourselves against viruses,bacteria,fungi... we would not have lived all these years. Think about that when the propaganda machine tries to scare you and yours

2. being healthy for years-- the lords work for sure

3. this country-- being able to live a free life. Pursuing happiness and enjoying liberty. Of cours e this includes our rights and being able to enjoy our sport. WE enjoy the bounty of the earth. We are free to worship as we please. WE can s peak our peace. We have a HUGE force of selfless people who join our military and police forces to help protect us and keep us free and safe .Bless every one of you

4. my MRS-- 2nd time was the charm. she is a gem and she owns my heart

5. our pets- to give a stray( shelter) animal the best of care and all of our love was a lifetime commitment and worth every minute

6. YOU folks. coming here and making some great on line friends, sharing thoughts and feelings and helping each other out when needed--what can I say but thanks

stay healthy and safe fanatics

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
The "lord" has never given me anything. If you think you're free to worship, get your ass back in your house until we have a vaccine.

RickOShay

Well-Known Fanatic
I feel like Boatdoc. I can't believe I have as much as I do without the God's hand in my life. Though you may not know the effect he has on our lives, I believe he does, and I have peace with that belief. It's uplifting to believe theres a force out there that wants us to be happy, but isn't beyond educating us at the same time, as the virus we're experiencing currently. God Bless America

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Don't blame God, blame the Chi-Coms. They are the cause of the deaths from the virus.

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
No one is forcing you to believe anything. Why don't you just leave it alone.
The only reason no one is forcing me to believe is because no one can force me to believe anything.

All of our lives depend on science and patience at the moment. Your life and my life both depend on the common sense of the general public. (That should scare the hell out of anyone.) Not god, not worship, not faith.

That's why.

If you don't want to hear the views non-believers in your faith have, don't bring it up. I didn't start this thread, but seeing what folks say in the name of faith during a pandemic is just as painful to me as hearing what I say about faith is to you.

So if you don't want to hear it, put a cork in it, get inside, and wait for a vaccine.

Snowman45

Fanatic
The only reason no one is forcing me to believe is because no one can force me to believe anything.

All of our lives depend on science and patience at the moment. Your life and my life both depend on the common sense of the general public. (That should scare the hell out of anyone.) Not god, not worship, not faith.

That's why.

If you don't want to hear the views non-believers in your faith have, don't bring it up. I didn't start this thread, but seeing what folks say in the name of faith during a pandemic is just as painful to me as hearing what I say about faith is to you.

So if you don't want to hear it, put a cork in it, get inside, and wait for a vaccine.

No one ever tried to force you to believe anything. If you will review boatdoc's original post, you'll find he never directed his comments at you as an individual. However, you, in your arrogant and condescending way, decided that you needed to be certain he understood that you don't believe as some of us do.

You are obviously a liberal, based on your writings and sig line. It's unusual to find someone of your political persuasion who has anything to do with guns, but so be it.

It is you who initiated this conversation by your demeaning comments directed at boatdoc and RickOShay. You also seem to have a penchant for giving others direction, such as "Get your ass back in your house until we have a vaccine" and "if you don't want to hear it, put a cork in it, get inside and wait for a vaccine". This is not to mention your obvious experience and knowledge in your pronouncement that the ChiComs are not responsible for the Corona Virus.

Now, I don't ordinarily get into long discussions about the way a particular site member comments on an issue, but in my time here, I have noted that you often have something condescending to say about the comments of others. I guess I just felt the need to express to you that I find your lack of tolerance and your arrogance disruptive and annoying.

Last edited: