Anyone own or shot a Wilson with the concealment beavertail?

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't have one, but I have plans to this grip safety on future build.

Tagged for interest

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't have one, but I have plans to this grip safety on future build.

Tagged for interest
I am noticing that WC uses this grip safety on multiple other full sized 1911s. Some you would expect like the Tactical Carry, Ultralight Carry, but also the TX BBQ Special, and X-TAC Elite

Edit: I edited the thread title since multiple Wilsons utilize the concealment beavertail in addition to the Hackathorn Special.

Last edited:

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
BFA8BD56-E523-4938-97F6-753B69CCBBC9.jpeg 58488951-B046-469D-85FD-8B6B47AA46A5.jpeg 37BBDCCB-B70A-48DE-BFEF-3778E725659C.jpeg I used one on my Springfield EMP project. I like how they fit on smaller 1911s. They help balance the visual lines. I didn't notice much difference in concealability. I carry at the 4 o'clock position IWB. I would think if you need a deep concealment option for appendix carry it would help.

The only issue I had was the smaller rear portion does not guide your hand down on to the rear of the pistol on the draw as well as a full size grip safety when trying to acquire the firing grip quickly coming out of the holster. I just had to slow down a fraction on the draw to make sure I had a good master grip out of the holster to get the grip safety depressed.

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
The only issue I had was the smaller rear portion does not guide your hand down on to the rear of the pistol on the draw as well as a full size grip safety when trying to acquire the firing grip quickly coming out of the holster.

This is why I am a little spooked since this pistol will be a match blaster. My hands get sticky in the summer during matches, and I sometimes get too choked up on the draw, and it would just be worse with a smaller beavertail.

Love the EMP's by the way. If I could easily put a magwell on one I'd own one. Yours looks great.

Last edited:

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
This is why I am a little spooked since this pistol will be a match blaster. My hands get sticky in the summer during matches, and I sometimes get too choked up on the draw, and it would just be worse with a smaller beavertail.

Love the EMT's by the way. If I could easily put a magwell on one I'd own one. Yours looks great.
I would pass on it for a range gun. It is a quality piece like most of the Wilson Bullet Proof but a full size grip safety would be better for your application.

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
I would pass on it for a range gun. It is a quality piece like most of the Wilson Bullet Proof but a full size grip safety would be better for your application.
That's my thinking right now. I was even thinking about buying a Novak with The Answer already installed, but that means no magwell without some cutting and welding, which they seem less than enthused about doing.

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
That's my thinking right now. I was even thinking about buying a Novak with The Answer already installed, but that means no magwell without some cutting and welding, which they seem less than enthused about doing.
A pinned or modded grip safety would be a good option if you require a mag well.