All 9 Empire State Victims Hit By Police Gunfire

Torontogosh

Well-Known Fanatic
It's sad, that it came to that.

I'm no expert on new York, and have only visited a few times, but those streets are really busy. I've never been in a gunfight, so I can't imagine what that situation felt like for the police, but I'm not sure how that could have been any worse an outcome.

CNN wrote an grossly effusive op-ed piece about how serious NYPD takes a shooting and that the ONLY way the police would have used deadly force was in the most extreme event. It was kinda gross, and as soon as the rumors started yesterday that the "State" could be responsible for the body count, the "news" writes them a heartfelt defense. Read at your peril:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/24/opinion/o ... -shooting/

armaborealis

Well-Known Fanatic
The video of the engagement is available here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7419238n

Tow officers fired a total of 16 rounds. They made 10 holes in the criminal's body. The perp fired 0-1 shots in the "gunfight" with police. Nine people were shot, at least two with what look like fairy direct hits based on their injuries. So at least some of the injuries were due to overpenetration and/or richochets, based on the 10 holes in the perp's body.

From the video it appears that one of the officers fires at a range of approximately 3 to 5 yards and the second officer fires (one handed?) at a range of 5 to 10 yards.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
Midnight Raver said:
New York Yankee cops can't shoot for squat, y'all do know that right? Bloomberg hates firearms so much that they don't train at the range, they just watch lots of action movies.

Maybe they don't train because the DHS, SSA, and NWS bought up all the ammo.

John Canuck

Well-Known Fanatic
NY Cops are just too busy trafficking guns, drugs and other sundry crimes to bother with any of that training.

Latest posts