AIWB Carry: JMCK 2.5 vs. 5 Shot Leather SME

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Nice write up NVP. I'm still staying in the camp of I'm not pointing anything at my balls that is made to destroy things.. ;)
As I've said before, the danger with an accidental discharge with AIWB holster is not blowing your testicles to kingdom come but hitting the femoral artery, which in all likelihood will lead to a pretty permanent death. I carry my Wilson EDC x9 appendix with the above in mind. A few firearms courses still don't allow appendix carry for their course.

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
I feel far more comfortable with a hammer fired gun AIWB than a striker fired gun. I have carried Glocks AIWB for at least a decade and have evolved over time to this position.

Holster the gun with your thumb on the hammer and safety engaged. Lean back a bit and move your leg out. Alternatively, take the holster off to insert the gun. Do so slowly and carefully since there is never any need to holster quickly.

Drawing the gun is the same regardless of action. Finger goes on the trigger when the gun is horizontal. Tex Grubner shot himself while using an OWB holster and a 1911. The failures involved were multiple, so we must be diligent in out safety practices while practicing drawing our handguns.

Latest posts