Acceptance......a philosophical rant of sorts

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
I wish . . . .
My parents swear I disappeared for a week during the night when I was three and showed up one morning with healed over scars. I didn't remember being gone, just went to bed and woke up.

Abducted by Aliens!!!!!! So....that's what's wrong with you.o_O

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
I wish . . . .

I grew up poor. I could only watch the rich kids do that stuff.

There were a few, "Hey watch this . . . " moments, and that bottle of liquid mercury I found after the drugstore burned down, the rattle snake bite didn't affect me too long, besides, I was young. My parents swear I disappeared for a week during the night when I was three and showed up one morning with healed over scars. I didn't remember being gone, just went to bed and woke up.

All in all, pretty normal childhood stuff . . .

Sounds like we were two peas in a pod. Didn't even have two pennies to rub together.
I've never done any drugs....drank a good bit in my younger days.

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic
Sounds like we were two peas in a pod. Didn't even have two pennies to rub together.
I've never done any drugs....drank a good bit in my younger days.

Yup, my parents both smoked . . . . . my lungs as a kid (and now) were trashed. To this day I cannot stand being around smoke or smokers . . . . that included maryjewana . . . .

I'm so sensitive to the stuff, I can tell if the driver of the car in front of me is smoking, even with my windows closed. I'll change lanes and pass the azzhat . . . . .

Haven't drank a lot either. When I was young (18-ish) I went to a Christmas party and consumed waaaay to much formaldehyde laced "punch." Got so sick that I puked and passed out in the snow when I got home. I couldn't tolerate the smell of alcohol until I was about 23 or so.

I've read about everyone's affinity for bourbon. Never tried the stuff. Tequila tastes like diesel fuel to me, don't like gin, beer is good, rum is better. I do enjoy a nice Cabernet from time to time, and have developed quite the affinity for Amaretto. Other than that, I'll buy a 12 pack of Yuengling Black and Tan which usually lasts me 6 to 10 months.

So yeah, I am genetically weird . . . . . .

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Oh, yes. I smoked Marlboros for about twenty years, I'm surprised I haven't gotten lung cancer yet. I drink a bit of beer these days, a bit of scotch occasionally. Tequila is great is you sip on the right stuff. If you are comparing it to diesel fuel,you are drinking the cheap turpentine crap.

Latest posts