Acceptance......a philosophical rant of sorts

Ethanol Red

Well-Known Fanatic
My golf game is lacking.......lacking everything.

Many years ago, I wouldn't have thought I would make it to 50.
I have no life plan. I'm continually swinging at curve balls.
I feel similar. Here's me about to tee off and one of my fellow operators. This was a work sponsored event. We are all process operators. 35DEE01D-D6A6-4012-BE4A-D2B9C2492D8E.jpegD82C7401-5D29-48BD-A365-78975CF986FB.jpeg That early morning air is good for ya!

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
I plan to die on the side of the highway changing a tire for an old lady. Smashed by a drunk driver. I think that would be good for me. It makes for a good story at the funeral. Not as good as a shark attack but still pretty good.

A good friend of mine (and favorite match director) has a wilda$$ old uncle. Two stories I've been told about him that were the most memorable. The first was about when this wild uncle was a newlywed. He purportedly had a new bride who wouldn't strike a lick. She was just useless. Finally one night he said he was going to the store to buy a pack of smokes, and then just vanished. When they finally figured out where he was a couple of months later he was just finishing USMC boot camp. Needless to say that marriage ended.

Then as an old man they were all sitting around one night talking about how they wanted to die. He was in his 70's by now, and blurted out that he wanted to be killed by a jealous twenty year old husband when found in the bedroom with the young wife.

Ethanol Red

Well-Known Fanatic
I never figured I'd live this long so everyday is a bonus. I'm trying to enjoy myself. If and when I hit 50, we're gonna have a big party.

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm not worried about changing other people as much as I would like to change the voices in my head.

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
For the most part, people just plain suck. Think about it, you're looking at the world from your POV wondering why in the hell people are so damn stupid......then realize this......everyone else in the world is looking at the world from their POV and they're wondering why in the hell people are so damn stupid.
Our own motivations and direction are singular. Everything you do is all about yourself. How it makes you feel, etc. ad nauseaum. Everything I do is all about me. Once I learned this, people became easier to deal with or ignore as circumstances dictated. I can't 'fix' anybody that isn't looking to fix themselves, so, it really wouldn't be me fixing them anyway. Maybe, at best pointing them in a halfway decent direction.
No more coherent thoughts from me today, don't wanna make my brain hurt.

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic
For the most part, people just plain suck. Think about it, you're looking at the world from your POV wondering why in the hell people are so damn stupid......then realize this......everyone else in the world is looking at the world from their POV and they're wondering why in the hell people are so damn stupid.
Our own motivations and direction are singular. Everything you do is all about yourself. How it makes you feel, etc. ad nauseaum. Everything I do is all about me. Once I learned this, people became easier to deal with or ignore as circumstances dictated. I can't 'fix' anybody that isn't looking to fix themselves, so, it really wouldn't be me fixing them anyway. Maybe, at best pointing them in a halfway decent direction.
No more coherent thoughts from me today, don't wanna make my brain hurt.

What-if3.jpg

What-if2.jpg

What-if.jpg

I never figured I'd live this long so everyday is a bonus. I'm trying to enjoy myself. If and when I hit 50, we're gonna have a big party.

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic
I would first think of a vast experimentation period in your younger years.......
I wish . . . .

I grew up poor. I could only watch the rich kids do that stuff.

There were a few, "Hey watch this . . . " moments, and that bottle of liquid mercury I found after the drugstore burned down, the rattle snake bite didn't affect me too long, besides, I was young. My parents swear I disappeared for a week during the night when I was three and showed up one morning with healed over scars. I didn't remember being gone, just went to bed and woke up.

All in all, pretty normal childhood stuff . . .

Latest posts