A year late but finally.

Hi, yes I know it's a year. Came across this forum and since I am new to the 45's I figured I'm never too old to learn. Briefly my Father was a Navy veteran from WWII and many years ago the wife and I bought him a U.S. Historical Society limited edition of the famous Colt 45 auto. It is the Battle of Midway, Coral sea edition with gold inlay for the engraving and lettering. We lost Dad and I inherited this beautiful piece. I am going to learn more about them and want to get a normal one which I can shoot regularly as well as modify. I hope to purchase one after we leave Illinois and become settled in Texas. I hope I can continue to get the great advice I have seen in the past year from everyone. Thanks!

Chuck43

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois william.james20. I am in the process of leaving the state myself. I just sold one house and am putting the second one on the market.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation

jks1911

Fanatic
Welcome aboard, I'm a Texican. One hour N. Of Houston. It is called the Great State of Texas for a reason. 1911 are the way to role.

Vin

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from Kansas.
View attachment 6254
My dad was also a WW2 veteran in the Pacific theater; 1st Cavalry Division
My father was also 1st Cav WW2 in the pacific , many beach head landings, 1st platoon in Tokyo after the Bomb. Tough guy, became a bus driver in Queens New York, saved a police officer in the 60's who was beaten and stabbed by a mob. They don't make them like that anymore. He passed several years ago, I'm sure he's on guard duty watching over us with his 1911 on his side.

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
Hi, yes I know it's a year. Came across this forum and since I am new to the 45's I figured I'm never too old to learn. Briefly my Father was a Navy veteran from WWII and many years ago the wife and I bought him a U.S. Historical Society limited edition of the famous Colt 45 auto. It is the Battle of Midway, Coral sea edition with gold inlay for the engraving and lettering. We lost Dad and I inherited this beautiful piece. I am going to learn more about them and want to get a normal one which I can shoot regularly as well as modify. I hope to purchase one after we leave Illinois and become settled in Texas. I hope I can continue to get the great advice I have seen in the past year from everyone. Thanks!

Welcome from Kansas.
View attachment 6254
My dad was also a WW2 veteran in the Pacific theater; 1st Cavalry Division

My father was also 1st Cav WW2 in the pacific , many beach head landings, 1st platoon in Tokyo after the Bomb. Tough guy, became a bus driver in Queens New York, saved a police officer in the 60's who was beaten and stabbed by a mob. They don't make them like that anymore. He passed several years ago, I'm sure he's on guard duty watching over us with his 1911 on his side.

Couldn't thank these Heroes enough. The greatest Generation, for sure!!

jks1911

Fanatic
Your father, the kind of man they coined the phrase "The Greatest Generation."
Real hero.

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic

My dad passed away in 2003. I don't know much about his Army service however after the Japanese surrender he served as a guard at the War Crimes Trials in Tokyo, went to college on the GI Bill and served another 24 years in the USAF retiring as an LTC in 1975.

Last edited:

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Hey - you made it...that's all that matters now!

Latest posts