A Glock 34 Will Fire .380acp

kdf9511

Well-Known Fanatic
I shot the IDPA match at Tin Star in Weatherford yesterday and found that yes a Glock 34 will shoot .380acp and it was pretty accurate. However it will turn your pistol into a single shot weapon as the .380 doesn't have enough power to cycle the slide.

What happened was when I was loading mags on Saturday night I somehow grabbed a box of Tullammo .380 that was in with my 9mm and I didn't catch it since it loaded in the mags just fine. It chambered with no problems and went bang and hit just where it was aimed at but didn't cycle the slide. I found this out on the very first stage. I went through about 5 shots before the RO stopped me and we figured out the problem. After racking the slide each time after the first three shots I thought it was a mag problem and threw in a new mag but it was also loaded with the wrong ammo. After reloading with the correct ammo my reshoot for that stage and the rest of the match went without a hitch.

Morel of this story is.....Pay close attention to what your putting in your mags and don't load em up when your tired before headding to bed.

Latest posts