9mm 1911 mags

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Mec Gar for my SA in 9mm. Any other brand drops a round out if I remove the magazine to top off. I don't remember how many types I tried, but I tried several brands.

Rob Biedermann

Active Fanatic
I use Wilson Combats exclusively in my 9mm 1911s so my first hand recommendation is WC... Make sure you don't purchase second hand -- the current gen 2 WC 9mm mags are the ones to have. The gen 1s have some problems. Just an FYI -- WC will swap out any gen 1 9mm WC mags for new gen 2 mags -- at least they did a year or so ago as I sent a few gen 1s in and got back gen 2s within a few days...

One thing -- I only have 9mm 1911s with integrally ramped barrels at this point. I had a Colt 9mm 1911 a few years ago without an integrally ramped barrel and literally couldn't get any of the several brands of mags I tried to work without stoppages. I tried them all -- gen 1 WC mags, Tripp, MecGar, MetalForm and CMC... Not saying they're not good, I just couldn't get them to work -- even with hardball...

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Mec Gar 9mm mags work well in my Springfield, Dan Wesson, Rock Island, & MetroArms Classic Commander 1911's.
I have both black (blued ?) & nickle-plated Mec Gar mags. Haven't had an issue with any of them.
I like the shiny ones!

JoeDice

Fanatic
I have had good luck with Mec-Gar in my Range Officer Compact.
No failures to feed ever ...
Also have good luck from Wilson Combat but they cost considerably more.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Found it interesting that my new Bul 1911 Commander-sized 9mm came with 2 "new model" Mec Gar mags..
They hold 10 rds, ( vs 9 on the old mags) & have a plastic base pad, and a plastic, (non-tip ) follower.

They fits well in my S/A Loaded Target , (full size 1911 in 9mm) with the Stan Chen magwell I recently added.
Hope to find these 10 rnders for sale somewhere..I'd pick up a few more.

Latest posts