.45 230 grn Blue Bullets or BBI

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Anyone currently use Blue or Black 230grn bullets. I'd like to try some.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Thanks but I already have some xtreme. Wanting to try coated

DD78

Well-Known Fanatic
I picked up the Blue bullets bulk pack over the winter and got them all loaded up.

They honestly shoot just as good as plated Xtreme's.

Had I not loaded them all, I would've sent some to you to try. They do offer 250 bullet sample packs and if you use the code "STOEGER" at checkout, I think you save like 10%. I just did that to test out their 147 and 125 grain bullets to decide which one I want to use and then order in bulk.

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
We have shot a **** ton of the black bullets in 9mm 125gr the last couple of years. My experience is the same as above, they are as good or better than the plated extemes as long as you pay attention to crimp and don't get too carried away. Haven't used anything other than the 9mm though.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Tony I've had much better luck with coated than plated. My 625 groups with plated looks like a shotgun pattern at 25 yards and you can forget calling your shots with them. Coated runs drastically better, not quite as clean shooting but not bad either. Most companies do this as standard practice but if not get them sized .001" larger than jacketed.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Yeah, I shoot a bunch of coated just never tried them in my 45. I know they shoot well but I want to see how they feed.

Fyrtwuck

Well-Known Fanatic
I used to use a Blue Bullets 200 grain flat nose bullet in 45ACP. It worked really well. Apparently they don't sell that particular profile bullet anymore. They now sell a 200 grain SWC.

I've shot about 500 of their 147 grain 9mm in my PCC at the Steel Challenges with zero problems. No leading or smoke issues using coated.

Latest posts