44 Anaconda

JMag1

Fanatic
Stay tuned...Colt will likely be bringing the Anaconda back, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dub

Bama949

New Fanatic
Nice, I have an Anaconda, but it only a 4 inch. It is not a 44 Mag, it is a 45 Colt. Shoots very nice, smooth and accurate.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Colt announced them now making the Anaconda once again.....

Hopefully the transfer of ownership to CZ will not be a cumbersome issue In the release & manufacture.

I am a fan of 44RemMag.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I waited for Colt Firearms to release a 44magnum for so long. I bought a Ruger SBH & a Ruger SRH 7.5" one SS one Carbon steel.
I waited for Colt for so long & then because I wanted a 44 Magnum pistol I tried Ruger. Very happy I did however.

I am no longer waiting for Colt. I also have so many more Rugers than Colts today. Wonder why?
Today Colt has ended & well that's all folks. All 9 of my 1911s are Colts however. ;)

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
Hell yeah, the 44mag round is simply an awesome round and one of my favorite to reload. It's also why I bought the Henry BigBoy 44mg/44Spl. I think it was 22.5gr of H110 under a 225gr Hornady Flex tip is just a fabulous load in the Henry. At 50yds I can dump 10 rounds into a single ragged hole. I dont think I chrono'd them but with that kind of accuracy I dont care. I believe in should be on the order of 1600fps, dont have the book in front of me but I think that's close. No, not amazing speed but the accuracy is just crazy, in my gun.

My 4" M29 is just a dream to shoot as well. Yes I too love a 44mag gun and definitely would love to have more.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
H110 under a 225gr Hornady Flex tip is just a fabulous load in the Henry.

Have you tried any Hornaday 265gr .44 SP in your .44mag Henry?
I have boxes & boxes for my Marlin .444.

Both my Rugers like the heavy 265gr for Bear & Pig.

I like the Henry .44mag must get one soon.

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
I have not. You like?

Yeah, get one, you'll probably love it just like I do. I was torn between the 20" and the 16". Me being one who always wants whatever I cant or dont have I now am craving the 16" carbine since I bought the 20" 10 shooter, Oct barrel. Maybe I'll get the 357 in a 16", another caliber fav of mine.