3 Gun Nation Club Series @ USSA

joshappel

Par times back to normal
Here is some of the details and rules.

Overview
For the 2012 3-gun season, 3GN will debut the 3GN Club Series Pilot Program, a national club-level points series run in cooperation with a select group of established clubs with a demonstrated ability to host quality club-level matches.
Standardized stages will ensure a more level playing field among competitors and clubs across the country, enabling club results to be compared, providing the first club series in national scope.
The goal of this program is to fully develop the 3GN Club Series program for 2012, launching a Club Series that will further drive 3-gun growth at the local levelâ€"a grassroots initiative for 3-gun.
In 2013 a full prize program will be established to reward competitor performance when compared to shooters across the country.

Competitors will earn points based on the percentage earned that day, within their specific division, carried to the hundredths. (For example, 75.02% = 75.02 series points). Divisions include Open, Scoped Tactical, Limited, Heavy Metal and Heavy Metal Optics. This will enable competitors to shoot multiple divisions as they wish, further encouraging participation. Match Directors must submit a list with the name of all shooters wishing to participate in the 3 Gun Nation Club Series. Each shooter will then be assigned a specific ID#. An excel spread sheet will be provided to the club in order to aid in this process. Additional shooters may be added at any time.

Breakdown - Sign up as a 3GN Club, hold at least three matches with 3GN-Approved stages, report scores and participate in what will be an ongoing conversation on structure and format for 2013! No fees will be assessed to either Clubs or Club Series competitors participating in the Pilot Program in 2012. (Note: for Club Series scores, though encouraged to compete, 3GN Pro Series shooters are ineligible for awards).

Club series Rules: View attachment 2496

Attachments

• Club Series Rules.pdf
    165.9 KB · Views: 123

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Just because I'm lazy and didn't want to wade through all their rules, Does this requier the use of their "record Jacket" type square cardboard target with circles on them?

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Just because I'm lazy and didn't want to wade through all their rules, Does this requier the use of their "record Jacket" type square cardboard target with circles on them?

Yes. The rules say to use their square targets with the 8" circle. And for pistol/shotgun steel, they "encourage" using the 4"x10" plates and clay targets, but it did not say their steel sizes are mandatory.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
This is great news Josh. I have been visiting with the guy that runs the Tarheel 3 gun which is currently the only 3GN club match and they have a lot of good stuff going on including sponsors and prizes. It's definitely a good time to be a 3 gunner and thanks to Josh's efforts a 3 gunner in Oklahoma.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Is this effective immediately! I mean is USSA officially an approved 3GN club series match?

Latest posts