3 Gun and NSSA Abe Lincoln Open Skeet

wkent

Well-Known Fanatic
This Sunday 02/08/2015 at Birchwood. Should be a bracing 9 degrees and sunny. So sunglasses, layers and insulated boots will be the dress code.

3 Gun range C at 10am

Open Skeet at 11am

wkent

Well-Known Fanatic
I use a light smear of moly grease, from Cajun Gun works, on reciprocating surfaces. Slides, Bolts etc. and light application of Hoppes #9 oil on other parts.

I overdid the oil on the on the bolt gas rings in my AR15 last time. It would load a round into the chamber but the bolt wouldn't rotate into the locked position from an initial charge, hydraulics. Even the forward assist wouldn't get the bolt closed. Had to remove magazine and recharge to get bolt locked. Gun ran fine after that. So lesson learned, less is better. That was at -4.

Sorry to disappoint, only Alaskan Natives could get seal fat it is more a dietary supplement that a lubricant.

Brian WIlliams would fit in with all the other liars here in Alaska. Only what he did dishonors the men and women serving and those that have served so he wouldn't be welcome.

wkent

Well-Known Fanatic
Well it seems the "feels like" -4 was enough to keep away the majority of the 3 Gun peeps, three hardy souls showed. Sadly not enough to run a match.

On the other hand there were 25 plus for the Skeet shoot as well as some juniors training for trap.

I went to the local gun show instead for shooting the sheet competition, returning later to observe. Watching and mentally kicking myself for not participating. Oh well next week is Steel Challenge, I have it on reliable authority those people are more cold tolerant.

Latest posts