28 years ago today.

Hammer

Active Fanatic
Saw this on another forum. I had forgotten about it. Kuwait was liberated.
All I remember about that day was how tired I was and how bad I smelled. Everyone was in a foul mood,we had 1 killed and 1wounded so we weren't happy campers.

Pandaz3

Well-Known Fanatic
I was there too! I was flying Dustoff Hueys in support of the Big Red One. I had been in the Big Red One in '69-'70 in Vietnam on my 3rd trip there, so it was nice in a weird way

AZ Husker

Well-Known Fanatic
You flew Hueys from Vietnam in 1969 through Kuwait? That's a ton of flight hours! Thank you too.

Pandaz3

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes and while I did fly Dustoff in Desert Storm, I earned my Combat Medic Badge the old fashioned way, as a PFC with the 173rd Airborne Brigade in '65 (was a leg medic attached from hospital in Okinawa) and later as a SP5 (E5) in 2nd Bn, 3rd Inf, 199th Light Infantry Brigade. That was enough to find something a lazy boy could excel at...sitting in a helicopter. Way easier than walking.

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
I'll just add my remembrance for my cousin's only child. God speed Sgt. Gary Reese (and the other two sergeants) KIA when an RPG hit their humvee in Iraq... fourteen years ago, now. [emoji174]

Zipper046

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Thanks for your Service Hammer!...and all the others here.

I missed Kuwait...but around this date 16 years ago I embarked on my 2nd 1-year mobilization (Iraq & Qatar) of 2 back-to-back 1-year mobilizations...('01-'02, '03-'04)...my how time flies...feels like yesterday...

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for your Service Hammer!...and all the others here.

I missed Kuwait...but around this date 16 years ago I embarked on my 2nd 1-year mobilization (Iraq & Qatar) of 2 back-to-back 1-year mobilizations...('01-'02, '03-'04)...my how time flies...feels like yesterday...

I never knew. Thank you Sir

Zipper046

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I never knew. Thank you Sir

Thanks Bender!...yeah...spent 11 years in US Navy Reserves as a Counter-Terrorism Intel Officer and a couple years active.....spent some time in the Special Operations Community as an Intel Officer...9/11 hits and good old Uncle Sam finds he has a shortage of....yup, you guessed it.....Counter-Terrorism Intel Officers with Spec Op's experience....go figure. So got called up for a year.....home for 3 months, then called for another year....came home and then called up for some more time (shorter tours) here and there...finally decided enough was enough after missing years with the little one's....got divorced, resigned my Commission, and pressed on.

Would I do it all over again?...hell yeah. Do I miss it?...hell yeah.

Seems there are alot of us on here....as well as LE. All varying campaigns, branches of service, specializations, and Agencies. No matter what branch, what MOS, what campaign, what Agency...my hat is always off to those who served/serve and to their families who also endured....

Latest posts