2017 Contingency Program Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Grissom

Fanatic
From the order info thread...

This year we are offering the Premier polo as well as a crew neck option (no Tech-V this year). Each shirt is available in 2 color options (dark and light) They are both made from the same Techwear fabric as last year

Professor

Well-Known Fanatic
martinga111 said:
OK, just for my own clarification on the new score rules:
Photos of paper score sheets and email of match results will not count for 2017 Boomer Shooter point matches?
Must either be Practiscore or some other public web posted scores?
If that is the case it will knock out about half the matches I normally shoot.
Did this get answered?

10 of my entries last year would not be compliant this year with the change. Of those, The IDPA match in Tulsa only sent out an email of the results. Firearms solutions only posts the winner and runner ups of their bowling pin matches on their Facebook page. Tin Star was hit or miss about posting their results here. Safety First would sometimes upload the results to practiscore and sometimes not. Trigger Guard sent out results by email and sometimes posted them on facebook. Facebook postings are difficult to link and may or may not be compliant with the rules.

Is my attendance to these events being questioned (or others attending similar events) or what is driving this change?

Ed Grissom

Fanatic
May join the program this year. I've never had one of the Techwear shirts before and I'm wondering how they fit.

Their size chart points me to 3XL but I wonder if I should spend the extra $15 for a 4XL. Do the big shirts have bell bottoms?

It's tough being built for comfort instead of speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
DavidR said:
You guys have a great program. I am considering taking part but have a suggestion. I am currently scheduled to shoot 6 Major USPSA and IDPA matches over the course of 2017. These range from Tier 2 to 4 in IDPA, and USPSA Level 2 and 3. As you are aware the cost to compete in these matches is substantially higher, but the exposure for BoomerShooter is also dramatically increased. My suggestion is that for participants that shoot Major matches should receive additional entries upon uploading the required documentation. Something along the lines of level or tier number equals the number of entries, or even simply a standard 2 or 3 entries in the drawing for a major match. Unfortunately I can not speak on some of the other disciplines but I would imagine they have a similar match level system. Thoughts?
This is smart, rewards ambition, and creates competition. Therefore it won't happen. It is too excellent of an idea.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Rick Howell said:
Did this get answered?

10 of my entries last year would not be compliant this year with the change. Of those, The IDPA match in Tulsa only sent out an email of the results. Firearms solutions only posts the winner and runner ups of their bowling pin matches on their Facebook page. Tin Star was hit or miss about posting their results here. Safety First would sometimes upload the results to practiscore and sometimes not. Trigger Guard sent out results by email and sometimes posted them on facebook. Facebook postings are difficult to link and may or may not be compliant with the rules.

Is my attendance to these events being questioned (or others attending similar events) or what is driving this change?
We aren't questioning you Rick. All of these are legit matches. What we want to avoid are 6 guys getting together and shooting a match and saying it was public.

Facebook results are OK (even though I hate Facebook)

posted via Tapatalk

Keepkool

Well-Known Fanatic
Ordered the Dark version, also meet with Joe from Techwear at todays Match . He will be start making the shirts first thing tomorrow . He said that he is going to be busy.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Keepkool said:
Ordered the Dark version, also meet with Joe from Techwear at todays Match . He will be start making the shirts first thing tomorrow . He said that he is going to be busy.
What match? Joe and Alexis are bad ass

posted via Tapatalk

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
I ordered my 2017 jersey.
I am now trying to Submit a contact form before you can start tracking points...
The last question/item on the contact information asks for: TechWear Order Confirmation Number
I have Order#:, Invoice Nbr:, TransID:, Auth Code:...But No TechWear Order Confirmation Number.
Which one of these do I need to place in this box so I don't mess up you guys system?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Jeff T said:
I ordered my 2017 jersey.
I am now trying to Submit a contact form before you can start tracking points...
The last question/item on the contact information asks for: TechWear Order Confirmation Number
I have Order#:, Invoice Nbr:, TransID:, Auth Code:...But No TechWear Order Confirmation Number.
Which one of these do I need to place in this box so I don't mess up you guys system?
Order number. 4 digit

posted via Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Burk Cornelius said:
We aren't questioning you Rick. All of these are legit matches. What we want to avoid are 6 guys getting together and shooting a match and saying it was public.

Facebook results are OK (even though I hate Facebook)

posted via Tapatalk
we're trying to do something cool here for you & for the people that give us products.
The whole intent behind this program isn't to stack points for every trip you make to the range but to get the sponsor's logos seen so they'll want to keep giving us stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.