2017 Contingency Entries

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
We have a couple items on backorder with vendors, once we receive it we'll be moving forward with the drawing.

El Jefé

Well-Known Fanatic
Not to belabor the issue, but If there's just "a few items" on backorder, why couldn’t we roll out the list and simply notate the items you don't have in hand yet? If you choose that item, you may have a longer wait. Buyer beware. Done. Just curious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
El Jefé said:
Not to belabor the issue, but If there's just "a few items" on backorder, why couldn’t we roll out the list and simply notate the items you don't have in hand yet? If you choose that item, you may have a longer wait. Buyer beware. Done. Just curious?

I'm not particularly fond of giving away what I don't have.

El Jefé

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
I'm not particularly fond of giving away what I don't have.
Well, obviously that’s understandable, I simply meant if sponsors have pledged the items, I would think we all would assume they are good for it. If they aren’t, it was probably a bad idea to advertise for them.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
El Jefé said:
Well, obviously that’s understandable, I simply meant if sponsors have pledged the items, I would think we all would assume they are good for it. If they aren’t, it was probably a bad idea to advertise for them.

I'm not worried about any of our sponsors, they're all reputable companies. I just don't want to be caught in the middle. No matter how much you tell people these are the conditions if you pick this prize, we still get the emails asking why it hasn't shipped yet & can we check on it.

El Jefé

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall said:
I'm not worried about any of our sponsors, they're all reputable companies. I just don't want to be caught in the middle. No matter how much you tell people these are the conditions if you pick this prize, we still get the emails asking why it hasn't shipped yet & can we check on it.
That’s fair. I get that. That said, you surely understand that everyone is getting restless. We know it is a program run by a couple guys who volunteer that time and have regular jobs. I know that because I’ve bought stuff from your business, but we all paid our monetary dues to participate and followed the rules set forth and we would like to see it reach completion. To see it run into February and see guys bitching is unreasonable and more patience should be expected. To see this potentially running into June/July is, at best, grounds for restless natives.

Bravo1sqdfo

Well-Known Fanatic
It’s just a bummer we’re gonna hit May soon and we’re still waiting on vendors. It’s not like the 2017 Boomer Shooter prize table caught anybody by surprise, it’s been on the calendar for a year.

Anywhoosies, gonna go shoot Battle in the Bluegrass this weekend, y’all get out and shoot!

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
I do understand it's not a easy task to make the program happen. I would just think that the vendors would want the product to the shooters ASAP, like sending out product in the coming October or November, so we could have new 2018 jerseys by now. I would think getting 2018 sponsors to only have a jersey out for 6 months would be harder to ask for than one that would be seen all year. With that said thanks again for the effort put forth to the program as a whole. It's a fantastic idea and I hope it can continue and grow bigger each year!

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
Would it be possible to assemble the prize table prior to the deadline for entries in the future? Make a deadline for jersey orders and registration so there’s a total count of participants well before the deadline for entries. Just a couple of ideas from the peanut gallery

Tech

Well-Known Fanatic
RigPig (Matthew Hoff) said:
Would it be possible to assemble the prize table prior to the deadline for entries in the future? Make a deadline for jersey orders and registration so there’s a total count of participants well before the deadline for entries. Just a couple of ideas from the peanut gallery
You really think there is a future?