2015 IDPA World Shoot

stan686

Well-Known Fanatic
This is an email that was sent out by Jack Ostendorf concerning the Badlands 2015, Oklahoma State 2015 and the World shoot that will be in Tulsa this year. Some good info for those that may be interested.
sn
---------------------------------------------------------

The Badlands sanctioned match (Tier 3) is the 4th Saturday in April 2015. The Oklahoma State 2015 is in March at USSA here in Tulsa. Also a Tier 3 match. The World Match will be the week of the 3rd weekend in September here in Tulsa at USSA. Get yourself in a position to apply for it by attending as many sanctioned matches as you can. The first World was in 2010 in Florida. Worlds don’t come around very often and certainly not to our corner of Oklahoma; jump on the opportunity.

Is anyone interested in a IDPA Safety Officer Certification class on February 14th, 2015? If so please reply to [email protected] Cost will be about $25. The classroom and live fire range activities are a full day. SO certification is a good step towards being able to help your local clubs as well as becoming a SO at major matches.

Your next Oil Capital IDPA match is Saturday December 27th.

Seasons Greetings and Stay Safe!

Jack Ostendorf
Match Director

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
A guy needs to shoot two big matches in order to be able to shoot the Nationals or world shoot, right?

stan686

Well-Known Fanatic
Let me do a little checking and I'll let you know. I know it's all based on a point system and different tier matches a worth different points. I don't know how many points it takes in order to shoot the nat's or world. I'll see what I can find out.

stan686

Well-Known Fanatic
This is off of the IDPA website for the 2015 World Shoot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Competitor Entry Forms will be available soon on the website and in the February issue of the Tactical Journal. Entry Forms will be available under the download section on the right side of this page Participants: All entrants must be current IDPA members with a classification of Marksman or higher and have at least one point.

Limited to 380 entries based on accumulated points.

This is a two day match format. You will have the option of shooting half the match over two days. Either Wednesday and Thursday or Friday and Saturday.

Ask that your match director makes sure to upload results to IDPA website in the format that includes your IDPA number so you get credit toward the points system to attend the IDPA World Championships.

Points System
Points will be accumulated from September 1st, 2013 through October 1st, 2014. The points will be awarded based on participation at sanctioned matches whose results have been uploaded to IDPA HQ or as noted below. Clubs that hold matches in the last two weeks of September should have their results uploaded to IDPA HQ no later than October 1st, 2014.

The Points:
• Tier 2 matches are worth 1 points
• Tier 3 matches are worth 2 points
• Tier 4 matches are worth 3 points
• Tier 5 matches (US and Indoor Nationals only) are worth 4 points
• Match Directors of sanctioned matches in this year or the previous earn 1 point
• The club contacts listed on the IDPA website as of December 1st, 2014, earn 1 point

How slots will be awarded:
• We will fill the first 200 openings using the Points System.
• 50 openings will then be filled by random drawing of all the remaining shooters who did not get a slot using their points. This will allow shooters in areas not featuring frequent sanctioned matches to have an opportunity to attend.
• 100 openings will be reserved for International Shooters and will be awarded by random drawing; any international shooters who do not receive a slot via this method will be entered into the random drawing for the 50 openings mentioned above.
• These numbers do not include IDPA Staff and SOs as they do not take up any of the slots on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
Applications for the 2015 World Championship will be included in the Tactical Journal and will also be available on the IDPA website (www.idpa.com).

You will choose your own squad. We will send notification via email to let you know when and where to go for self squadding. To self squad, you will need to sign in using the same username and password you use for the Members Only Area. Sign up now for the Members Only Area if you plan to submit an entry form for the National Championship.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Doesn't sound like a guy thats never shot an IDPA match before has a chance at this hot ticket.

Latest posts