2015 3GN Regionals

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
The east coast matches filled instantly. The Vegas match didn't fill if I remember right.
The Marble Falls, Texas match filled up pretty quick but several months before the match they announced some openings. I guess they will open it up again once they get a few cancellations.

Bill

MG23

Well-Known Fanatic
So I finally got logged in and registered for the VA match. Now I just have to wait to get "promoted" to secure a spot I guess. At least it says successful registration at this point.

1911-45

Well-Known Fanatic
While I was teaching 4H BB gun class tonight my daughter got me registered for 3GN match in Marble Falls, TEJAS!

Im not sure what 3gn is going for, giving one day notice. I hate the feeling of having to jump through hoops after a doggie treat like a show pony, theyre not the only game in town

The good thing is that there are not plenty of matches that can be shot without far in advance planning- of which I cant do.

James Peel

Well-Known Fanatic
mike cyrwus said:
Im not sure what 3gn is going for, giving one day notice. I hate the feeling of having to jump through hoops after a doggie treat like a show pony, theyre not the only game in town.
Sure seems like the message from them is "my way or the hiway". Especially if you read some of the responses to this same type of criticism about the short notice, and timing of the sign up at a time of year when a lot of people are spending money on other people, not necessarily setting it aside for major match fees.

None of this affects me this year since I won't be healed up to compete before summer anyway but I agree that it's a pretty crappy deal.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
JPeel said:
Sure seems like the message from them is "my way or the hiway". Especially if you read some of the responses to this same type of criticism about the short notice, and timing of the sign up at a time of year when a lot of people are spending money on other people, not necessarily setting it aside for major match fees.

None of this affects me this year since I won't be healed up to compete before summer anyway but I agree that it's a pretty crappy deal.
Their first match is less then 90 days away. They kinda had to announce them asap. I talked to Charles and he was at the virginia location earlier this week finalizing the last one. Its pretty crazy how much planning goes into running one major match much less 6 and a pro series.

As for the entry fiasco it was all range log. I'm sure they will have a new Method next year.

Fool me once shame on me. Fool me twice. I won't be fooled again. - George W. Bush

MG23

Well-Known Fanatic
Just got my email stating I have been promoted and to pay for the Mid Atlantic Match in Virginia. I am thrilled, I can not wait. This will be my first 3GN Match.

James Peel

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Their first match is less then 90 days away. They kinda had to announce them asap.
I understand that, but did they just finalize the dates for the first two matches the day before opening registration? Probably not. Would it not have made sense to announce the first couple of dates earlier, allow registration for them, and as the other dates firm up, announce them?

I realize that I don't have all the details of what Charles and company had to do to pull this together so maybe I'm missing something that would have prevented what I described. But from a planning and execution standpoint it sure seems like some things weren't completely thought out. Just food for thought.

jtischauser

That I don't know. I'm sure they had reasons for everything. Remember these guys have less paid staff then USPSA or IDPA. They have yet to do anything as early as most would like.

Maybe someday they will franchise their regional matches like USPSA has area matches. That way each regional has its own group of loc admin. Right now it seems they want to build the 3GN brand and organization with total control to figure out rules, admin, etc. In the beginning they tried to team up with the outlaw matches but none of the MD's could agree on anything. So it all stayed outlaw and 3GN started on its own path.

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
I was reading the 3GN regional thread on another forum and a sixth match was mentioned with no other information provided. Was that a prelude to the nationals or is there something else in the works?

jtischauser

jcameron996 said:
I was reading the 3GN regional thread on another forum and a sixth match was mentioned with no other information provided. Was that a prelude to the nationals or is there something else in the works?
Invitation only nationals in Tulsa during the pro series shootoff weekend. It's also the pro series qualifier match for 2016.

http://3gunnation.com/news/deta

Latest posts