2014 Oklahoma State Championships

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
It is a little over two weeks. The problem is they shoot their regular match the Saturday before and their wild bunch match the Sunday before. So besides the first weekend, which is our monthly match and the last one, which Is single stack nationals, the month is pretty well shot. Getting into May is the Cowtown and some other matches.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Last weekend in March looks the best. Provided we get the weather to cooperate.

Jesse, I know nothing as to details, but that cell tower going up on the action side should provide all kinds of steel to the club for a really long time. If it don't they didn't do a good deal got screwed.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
I'd be fore the money going to buy new stuff for us to shoot

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Airic

I shoot.
I would love to be able to shoot a state match next year. I also agree that they should be before the regular major match "season". That's how it was done in the past.

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
mike_pinto said:
Just did up the stages. 10 stages, 290 rounds minimum. No stupid stuff, no crazy junk, just good fast shooting with some speed traps. We are going to try and shoot for early April. This way we don't interfere with any of the nationals. How does everyone feel about $50 entry and whatever is left over from targets and pasters and medals goes back to the shooters? Maybe a drawing or we pay first and closest to 50% or something like that. I want this to be a fun and different type of match. This is why it's not a sectional, but rather state championship. We have a little more rope this way. :)
If I understand this will not be a sectional but a state championship uspsa match? Per the rule book that would still have to have level 2 sanctioning. Or is this not a uspsa match?

USPSA Match Levels
Level I
â€" Club matches conducted on a scheduled basis throughout the year.
Level II
â€" Sectional or State matches conducted on an annual basis.
Level III
â€" Annual championship matches conducted by USPSA Areas (1 - 8).
Nationals
â€" Annual USPSA championship matches.
Note:
Major matches conducted on an irregular or annual basis and which
do not represent a specific Section, State, or Area championship shall request
either Level II or Level III sanctioning

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Again guys. Let's put away the rule books for a little bit here. We are still seeking all of the ok'd from the folks that run the division. All if the stages that are drawn up would pass the uspsa sniff test even if they needed a little bit of tweaking, so no worries.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
These are all questions I hope to get answered by the fine gentlemen that run these bad boys.. I am not exactly sure there Jesse, I don't really see a difference. If we arent shooting a classifier, who cares. I doubt we will get enough GM's to make it a classifier match so lets just concentrate on having a hell of a time at a high round count match with State Chapion awards!! :) Javier and I will worry about the rest..

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
mike_pinto said:
These are all questions I hope to get answered by the fine gentlemen that run these bad boys.. I am not exactly sure there Jesse, I don't really see a difference. If we arent shooting a classifier, who cares. I doubt we will get enough GM's to make it a classifier match so lets just concentrate on having a hell of a time at a high round count match with State Chapion awards!! :) Javier and I will worry about the rest..
My thoughts exactly. They may not let you call it a State or Section match is all. It needs a baderass name than that anyway.

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
My point was just if you are calling it a state match everything should go through the proper channels first. Which the first step I think would be talk to the section coordinator then the host club get a plan in place. Then announce it to everyone but lets the throw the whole Rulebook out there is no need for it any way right?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Latest posts