2014 Oklahoma State Championships

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
I think I want to try to do the traveling RO thing like Arkansas. That way the RO's can shoot the match with the squad so they won't be at a disadvantage shooting. RO's shoot for free and are in the same prize pool (if we get one together). All we got to do at this point is get the blessing of the Action Pistol management. I don't foresee that being a problem though. I have 5 stages drawn up and through the 5 it is already 154 rounds. Oh yah, you will need a front sight for sure.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I can RO as well, but it depends on the calendar date. I have to make sure it won't interfere with being on-call.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
I'd shoot both matches if it was a back to back format. It would be nice to establish a state match like Mississippi has, lots of fun to be had.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Just did up the stages. 10 stages, 290 rounds minimum. No stupid stuff, no crazy junk, just good fast shooting with some speed traps. We are going to try and shoot for early April. This way we don't interfere with any of the nationals. How does everyone feel about $50 entry and whatever is left over from targets and pasters and medals goes back to the shooters? Maybe a drawing or we pay first and closest to 50% or something like that. I want this to be a fun and different type of match. This is why it's not a sectional, but rather state championship. We have a little more rope this way. :)

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Possibly the last weekend in March. I looked and the Cowboys have pretty much the whole month of April reserved for Land Run. The last weekend in March is a 5th Saturday and Sunday so there is nothing for the ranges on the calendar.. Once we get the nod from the division folks, we will start really advertising and looking at a match sign up service or just doing it there. If we can sign in 90 people every month we can certainly handle this type of match.. :devil:

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
mike_pinto said:
How does everyone feel about $50 entry and whatever is left over from targets and pasters and medals goes back to the shooters? Maybe a drawing or we pay first and closest to 50% or something like that.
I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds good.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Mitch Gibson said:
I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds good.
it means what it says. The left over money would go to the first place shooter & the shooter that comes closest to 50% of the first place shooters match points (without going over).

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
HAHAH.. Funny that Tony understood!! That would be in each division too. Its a way to reward first place and surprise the folks that end up right in the middle. The way I see it right now, if we fill 10 squads with 10 people at $50 entry (minus the help and RO's) that would leave about $1000 (very conservatively) after expenses and awards and club monies to give back to the field, give or take.

The biggest question is to do all divisions at once, or split into a two day'er... Pondering.. I think one day is going to be best to be honest, but I am open to discussion for sure..

ShaneP

Looks good to me
I'm impartial, either a 1 or 2 day event would be good, and I can possibly help RO too depending on the date.

That 50% prize in production has my name written all over it.

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
Great Idea Mike
One day sounds great I can help set up on Friday, and can help as needed I would rather not RO tho.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
DAMN - the last weekend in March is the Texas Open here in Houston :-/ - what about the 2nd to last weekend LOL

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
B.S. DuBois said:
DAMN - the last weekend in March is the Texas Open here in Houston :-/ - what about the 2nd to last weekend LOL
I know. I was thinking about coming down for that. If we can run it in one day, there might be some options around that. We are still looking.

Latest posts