2012 USSA 3-Gun Championship August 17-19th, Tulsa, OK

Chris_Andersen

Certified
To shoot 12 stages in one day it is going to take 11-12 hours with about 15 minutes between stages and a hour for lunch. That's why there are one day squads and two day squads, it's your choice.
I actually meant to say Squad 3. That is what I am on. I, and a few others on our squad requested two day format. According to the matrix, we will be on the range for over 11 hrs on Saturday and shooting for 1 hour and 15 minutes on Sunday. Why not have everyone shoot 4-5 stages on Sunday since we have less squads than stages?

Brianatc

Well-Known Fanatic
At the website www.ussa3gun.com go to squadding then click on USSA 3gun squad matrix.pdf that will open a PDF file that shows the start times for all stages for each squad.

Chris_Andersen

Certified
At the website www.ussa3gun.com go to squadding then click on USSA 3gun squad matrix.pdf that will open a PDF file that shows the start times for all stages for each squad.
That is what I am looking at. And it has squad 3 shooting for 11 plus hours on Sat and just over and hr on Sunday.

Brianatc

Well-Known Fanatic
I actually meant to say Squad 3. That is what I am on. I, and a few others on our squad requested two day format. According to the matrix, we will be on the range for over 11 hrs on Saturday and shooting for 1 hour and 15 minutes on Sunday. Why not have everyone shoot 4-5 stages on Sunday since we have less squads than stages?
We will make adjustments to move things along as fast as possible, it looks like we will give squad 3 squad 8's schedule.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have little to no time to get my chit ready for Friday so I have a couple of questions.

Looking at the stages I don't see a long range stage. Is the 100 yards in the 360 the max range?

Will there be food and beverages for sale at the range?

Brianatc

Well-Known Fanatic
I have little to no time to get my chit ready for Friday so I have a couple of questions.

Looking at the stages I don't see a long range stage. Is the 100 yards in the 360 the max range?

Will there be food and beverages for sale at the range?
The 360 will have rifle shots to 100 yards, the 300 yard range will have shots at 100, 200 and 300. The new restaurant will be open in the lodge. Lunch will be provided for RO's and shooters.

Hey Matt, I have two boxes of Remington managed recoil slugs you can buy..5bux ea....we will be there Friday evening sometime

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Eh with 1000 yard zero you're looking at a 400 fps loss under a 650 yard zero with a 480 fps spike. The hold over for each can be negated with the right humidity but mostly that isn't found at this altitude. Maybe if I slightly cant my rifle to take full advantage of the earths rotation, then a 900 yard zero could work, but still that's only a 45 ft lbs gain. Eh I'm still undecided.

Latest posts