1st Annual BoomerShooter.com Sporting Clays Tournament - with MAJOR prizes

Clucky C

9mm
I will send in my registration if you will put me on a squad with someone that will help me out; I'm not proficient with my shotgun yet. :unsure:

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Let's talk about rules and procedures. Sandy reminded me that some of you haven't shot sporting clays before so lets get familiar with some of them before the match. There will be an orientation before we shoot but maybe we can get some of the main questions out of the way before then.
  • Eye and Ear protection at all times
  • Always carry your shotgun between stations with the action open
  • No shotguns loaded until you are on the firing line. Load no more than 2 shotshells at any one time
  • There are 10 stations around the course.
  • All stations are shot in pairs (2 shots). Some stations require 2 pairs and a few have 3 pairs (50 rounds total)
  • Each squad keeps their own scores. Mark and "X" for a hit and an "0" for a miss
  • You will need some kind of pouch or bag to carry 2 boxes of shotshells around the course.

This is a pretty good video but there are thousands on YouTube

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Not sure if everyone fully realizes what you have a 1:50 chance of winning, so here is a complete prize list as of today:

STEEL HOSTAGE TARGET from RANGEMASTER ROWDY
RUGER LCP PISTOL from SOONER STATE PAWN
from JoeBob OUTFITTERS:
  • Ergo grip-4045-BLK (1)
  • Troy Battle mags DE (2)
  • Spyderco C10PGYW (1) Grey Emerson Opener
  • WileyX 694 Airrage Grey (1)
  • Nordic Comp clear extension (1)
Premier Martial Arts – 3 month membership

BoomerShooter.com – BoomerShooter caps and patches
Practical Shooting – (2) CCW certificates
Triple Crown Holsters – custom holster of your choice
Cold Hand Arms - (3) Magpul PMAGS
KyTac Holsters - $25 off
Academy Sports + Outdoors $25 Gift Card

More to come...........

Of course trophies courtesy of Accurate Iron
Trophies.jpg

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
That's all I gotta do? last time I shot clay birds we just called it beer and birds. Drive out to farmer Joes place, pull the trucks into the field, set up the bird throwers, reloaders, make sure the beer was cold, fire up the grill, shoot birds, eat, drink and have an awesome time! Let me get the form printed and I'll get ya some money headed your way PDQ if you still have room? should be a hoot as I've not shot at anything flying in some time.

I'm not too late to get in am I? Later,

Kirk

BJS

Fanatic
Still have room for another 4-man team? I have 2 guys that are in, and will find out if the other 2 are coming this afternoon?

BJS

jspeligene

Well-Known Fanatic
If you are wanting to go practice shooting some clays at Silverleaf, better call first. I wanted to go this afternoon, but found they have been closing around noon because of the hot weather. The lady I talked to said they would go back to their extended ours once the weather cools off.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Way to go Burk!

At the rate you are going, getting prizes, it's going to be hard to out do yourself next year for the 2nd Annual shoot.

Looking forward to this!

Latest posts