Chambers Custom 1911U00004 A Classy Class Gun

Joe C

Pass the mustard
Custom Builder
I've got a few guns to post up in the coming week or so. The first one belongs to a forum member here who came to my May/June class. He did really great work and now his reward is on the way to him. I'm sure he'll post up his thoughts and comments when he sees this in the morning.

At the end of each class I give the students the option to take the gun with them (we send the frames ahead of time so they own them already), have the basic WMG package applied or choose from a list of custom options that me and the guys do for them. This gentleman decided to go all out on his 1911University gun and I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

The polishing, stippling and pattern cuts were all done by Eric. The sights and some of the details were done by me.

So, without further adieu...Here are a few snap shots I took before it left the shop today. Please pardon the smears on the polish. It was very damp here today with rain so we opted to not wipe all the oil off during pictures.

IMG_0032.JPG IMG_0033.JPG IMG_0034.JPG IMG_0035.JPG IMG_0036.JPG IMG_0037.JPG

1911U004

Well-Known Fanatic
IMG_0333.JPG
Is that the shop I see reflected? Simply an amazing job finishing it up for me.
It was an incredible experience spending a week out there with Joe, Brandon and Eric. Hopefully I'll be able to spend another week next year.

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
View attachment 799
Is that the shop I see reflected? Simply an amazing job finishing it up for me.
It was an incredible experience spending a week out there with Joe, Brandon and Eric. Hopefully I'll be able to spend another week next year.
You need to build a .38 super, don't you? Congratulations on the build, looks awesome.

RonLee

New Fanatic
Nice!
I particularly like how the grip safety is so well fitted.
The grips with recessed screws is a really well thought out touch too.