1911 Picture Thread...

rmac

Active Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Play gun built for my son in 2012. Caspian frame and slide. Cylinder and Slide fire control system; barrel is Schumann Ulti-match gain twist bull barrel, all other parts EGW.
For all the hype these barrels are a very expensive disappointment. Best 50 yard Ramsom Rest groups with my Bullseye Ammo is 2 1/4".
The barrel has been replaced by a Kart and with same ammo the gun groups just under 1".
The finish is hard chrome and yes it is oily in these old pictures.
Just noticed that the slide stop was not pushed all the way up when the slide was locked back. Operator error; certainly no fault of the builder.
00EC9437-2D45-47BE-B217-193A09DAEBF7.jpegD081B1CB-4A85-48D6-9DC0-5E0D505568FE.jpeg

Last edited:

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
Play gun built for my son in 2012. Caspian frame and slide. Cylinder and Slide fire control system; barrel is Schumann Ulti-match gain twist bull barrel, all other parts EGW.
For all the hype these barrels are a very expensive disappointment. Best 50 yard Ramsom Rest groups with my Bullseye Ammo is 2 1/4".
The barrel has been replaced by a Kart and with same ammo the gun groups just under 1".
The finish is hard chrome and yes it is oily in these old pictures.
Just noticed that the slide stop was not pushed all the way up when the slide was locked back. Operator error; certainly no fault of the builder.
View attachment 7631View attachment 7632

Fantastic Ron! Your Son is a very fortunate Man, to have a Father with your skills & kindness!

abosely

New Fanatic
I'm new here, so thought this would be a good place to jump in and post something, usually I'm just asking questions and not able to contribute much since I'm new to 1911s. But now a honest to gosh fanatic!
;-D
Its Springfield Armory 4.25" LW (Commander) Ronin in 9mm.

First pic is with factory thin grips it came with and second is with custom set of smooth Cocobolo in between full thickness and thin.
Usually thin grips are about .190 & full thickness .270, these are .125 and really like this thickness.

Just got it few weeks ago and haven't been able to shoot it yet.
But really impressed with how tight everything is & fits. No movement at muzzle, hood & slide to frame fit is has no side to side or vertical movement.

It's not overly tight, just really nice fit, kinda surprised how nice to be honest.

Cheers, Allen

Attachments

• E2551DBE-832F-495B-BE94-2AA8647CD114.jpeg
    E2551DBE-832F-495B-BE94-2AA8647CD114.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 6
  • F48E1291-0A74-4A0E-872D-02AC5C525706.jpeg
    F48E1291-0A74-4A0E-872D-02AC5C525706.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 6

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
SA Box2.JPG
Not the best pictures, but those are my current 1911's. SA RO 9mm (now has stag grips), Kimber .45, and DW PMC.

My gun from Integrity Arms is supposed to be started after Steve finishes his current guns. Looks like I will need a smaller 1911 to fit in the spot on the right.

Attachments

• SA RO Stag.JPG
    SA RO Stag.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 7

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
It's been too long since I was able to post a pic of a new 1911! Yesterday, while sighting in a new 7.62x39, my gunsmith buddy mentioned that he had a new Emissary for sale. I looked, and it came home with me. While at the range with the AR, I was able to put 75 rds. through it. One of, if not THE best out of the box shooters I've had. (Wilson may be out in front of it). Great pistol! (swapped grips)
New Emissary.jpg

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Most used 1911, Bul Armory 5" 9mm, shot lots of matches with this, won't shoot anymore iron sights though, optics only now, will probably just put a plate on it, not gonna mill slide, had a thing called Bells Palsy few months ago and affected vision big time, symptoms lot better now but vision hasn't come back to normal

Attachments

• E7253F59-CD1E-4B18-8CBF-2F4B758856A1.png
    E7253F59-CD1E-4B18-8CBF-2F4B758856A1.png
    6 MB · Views: 5

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
..." had a thing called Bells Palsy few months ago and affected vision big time, symptoms lot better now but vision hasn't come back to normal"

Don't give up hope, ..your vision still may improve. Neurological disorders can take a LONG time to recover from., as a retired health care professional, I've seen this on many occasions. An elder @ my church experienced a stroke & was seriously affected. It took more than a year, but he has recoverd much better than I could imagine, back to normal. There "may have been" (was) some Devine intervention /answer to prayers involved in his recovery.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks for word of encouragement, I'm pretty lucky overall, it's not a stroke thank goodness even though my face looked like it, my heart goes out to true stroke victims though, what an uphill battle, mine almost back to normal in two month, my daughter in law's step dad dealt with it for two years so definitely could have been worse. I went and shot a pistol match bout a month in, I hadn't shot a handgun or dry fired or anything, first stage on the buzzer couldn't see the iron sights, that was pretty shocking, vision little blurry but trying to see the sights just wasn't happening, I could see the slide but focusing on sights didn't work, just had to point shoot, usually in this match only about 30-35 shooters, normally in top ten, about 5 shooters I'll never beat so always between 5-10 or 12, dead last in this one so got me scrambling to get my Glock mos setup with dot! Doable with a dot so can still shoot matches, I knew I had a little macular degeneration, this palsy thing just accelerated it some, goin to eye doctor in few weeks and will be curious what they say

Anyway thanks again!

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Most used 1911, Bul Armory 5" 9mm, shot lots of matches with this, won't shoot anymore iron sights though, optics only now, will probably just put a plate on it, not gonna mill slide, had a thing called Bells Palsy few months ago and affected vision big time, symptoms lot better now but vision hasn't come back to normal
Hope you have a complete recovery.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
..." had a thing called Bells Palsy few months ago and affected vision big time, symptoms lot better now but vision hasn't come back to normal"

Don't give up hope, ..your vision still may improve. Neurological disorders can take a LONG time to recover from., as a retired health care professional, I've seen this on many occasions. An elder @ my church experienced a stroke & was seriously affected. It took more than a year, but he has recoverd much better than I could imagine, back to normal. There "may have been" (was) some Devine intervention /answer to prayers involved in his recovery.
Amen

Latest posts