1911 in .45 (Am addicted to it)

Johniebegood

Fanatic
45 has to be a 1911. When I go 9mm. I go with Sig p series pistols.
Ok sig is great no argument but I'm American and I'm stick on American because it's stuck on me! I am stuck on American because I want to MAGA and 1911 has fewer parts than sig. Purchase a used and totally rebuild sig awesome shooter 9 comfortable single stack former law enforcement. Over $370 in a receipt for parts nothing was spared that might be needed. Not including labor so about 4 hrs for someone fast. Gun was only worth $400 to 450. So parts and labor about 650 I figured. I didn't pay that much but the point is too many points of failure for a great shooter. 1911 has 100 years of service and is much easier on the pocket in any caliber which means more practice and bullets. I also see plenty of buyers remorse for paying the max and maybe not using enough to justify the big bucks on sig. Too each his own I support anything that goes bang just not from my pocket. I don't own box Queens, I have tools I use, tools to train and tools for repair. It is all really fun untill bullets start flying in your direction.

Johniebegood

Fanatic
Welcome! Instead of a .45 VS other calibers, I see it as .45 AND other calibers... Life would be kinda boring with only vanilla ice cream.
Only if you have taste buds? And other flavors melt faster due to the ingredients. Heeee

awmp

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, carry a .45, but 9mm is fun and cheap, 38 Super makes you feel like cheating because you get speed and punch.

Latest posts